Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java update
23-11-2015, 21:31 (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 21:32 by jaaptina.)
Java update
I can't find an answer on this on the internet. Is is about Java 8 updates for my Synology NAS 112. When an update is available it looks as if I could update by using the update button in the Synology package centre. But after downloading I get a message that it can't update. I have to uninstall Java first, than go to the Oracle site, download the new Java, move the new Java to the NAS. Than finaly I can install Java 8 again from the package center. It's a hassle. Is this normal?

Greetings and thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 22:11
RE: Java update
(23-11-2015 21:31)jaaptina Wrote:  I can't find an answer on this on the internet. Is is about Java 8 updates for my Synology NAS 112. When an update is available it looks as if I could update by using the update button in the Synology package centre. But after downloading I get a message that it can't update. I have to uninstall Java first, than go to the Oracle site, download the new Java, move the new Java to the NAS. Than finaly I can install Java 8 again from the package center. It's a hassle. Is this normal?

Greetings and thanks.

This is normal. The Java installer for the DS112 (written by patters) is tied to a specific version of Java, so any update to the installer requires downloading a newer version of Java and vice versa.

Newer models from Synology support Java Manager, which allows Java to be updated without also updating Java Manager. You still need to download the new Java version from Oracle, though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply