Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Minimstreamer on QNAP
22-11-2015, 23:26
Problem with Minimstreamer on QNAP
Hi folks. I recently had to upgrade my QNAP drive - you know where you lose everything that's installed. I restored the backup and reinstalled Minimserver. I also installed Minimwatch on my PC. Both are fine. But when I try to install Minimstreamer package I get the missing jar message.

I uninstalled miniserver on the NAS and reinstalled it. No change.

Any ideas anyone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 23:40
RE: Problem with Minimstreamer on QNAP
(22-11-2015 23:26)billg Wrote:  Hi folks. I recently had to upgrade my QNAP drive - you know where you lose everything that's installed. I restored the backup and reinstalled Minimserver. I also installed Minimwatch on my PC. Both are fine. But when I try to install Minimstreamer package I get the missing jar message.

I uninstalled miniserver on the NAS and reinstalled it. No change.

Any ideas anyone?

What is the exact message you are seeing? What model of NAS do you have now?
22-11-2015, 23:55
Its the same NAS QNAP212 but with a new bigger single disk.

The message is "Download resource not found: minimstreamer-0.5.118.jar"
23-11-2015, 16:18 (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 16:19 by simoncn.)
(22-11-2015 23:55)billg Wrote:  Its the same NAS QNAP212 but with a new bigger single disk.

The message is "Download resource not found: minimstreamer-0.5.118.jar"

This is a temporary error from the download server. I am working on adding increased server capacity. For now, you need to keep retrying until you succeed.
27-11-2015, 19:45
Hi. I've been too busy to try until now. Same issue (twice, five minutes ago). Is there another way to install this? Cheers.
27-11-2015, 21:03
Fixed! I installed Minimwatch on a laptop and installed the package with no problem at all.
There's something not working when I tried to install it from Minimwatch on my Windows 10 pro desktop.
So it's not your server :-)
27-11-2015, 21:11 (This post was last modified: 27-11-2015 21:11 by simoncn.)
(27-11-2015 21:03)billg Wrote:  Fixed! I installed Minimwatch on a laptop and installed the package with no problem at all.
There's something not working when I tried to install it from Minimwatch on my Windows 10 pro desktop.
So it's not your server :-)

Thanks for letting me know. The download and installation is performed by MinimServer/NAS using MinimWatch/PC as a proxy to access the download internet server (this is to allow for the case where MinimServer/NAS doesn't have a direct internet connection). It sounds like there might be a firewall on your Windows 10 machine that is blocking the proxy inbound connection from MinimServer/NAS to MinimWatch/Win10.