Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with latest version of MinimServer/Minimstreamer
24-11-2015, 10:35
RE: Problems with latest version of MinimServer/Minimstreamer
(21-11-2015 17:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 17:10)iank Wrote:  Hi Simon

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There's good news and bad news!

First, I took your advice and snoozed ZoneAlarm, disabled the router's firewall and enabled DMZ. At this stage I was able to get MinimStreamer to work simply using 'New Location' with foobar 2000. However, I still wasn't able to see any server in the UPnP Browser! I then disabled DMZ. re-enabled the router firewall and ZoneAlarm and was still able to use 'Add New Location' to stream all the BBC channels as before using http://192.168.1.*:9790/minimstreamer/*/R?

In short, a positive result. However it's bugging me why I can't use the UPnP plugin (Browser and Controller) in conjunction with the BBC Radio.m3u file. Strange! If you have any further ideas please let me know!

Thanks for your help.

Ian

This is likely to be a UPnP discovery issue with your network or router. UPnP discovery uses UDP multicast messaging to port 1900 and your router (or switch if you have one) might be blocking this. Another possibility is that an IGMP snooping setting in your router or switch is conflicting with UPnP discovery and causing the problem. If there is a setting in your router (and/or switch) to disable IGMP snooping, it would be worth trying this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2015, 10:36
(24-11-2015 10:35)iank Wrote:  

First, I took your advice and snoozed ZoneAlarm, disabled the router's firewall and enabled DMZ. At this stage I was able to get MinimStreamer to work simply using 'New Location' with foobar 2000. However, I still wasn't able to see any server in the UPnP Browser! I then disabled DMZ. re-enabled the router firewall and ZoneAlarm and was still able to use 'Add New Location' to stream all the BBC channels as before using http://192.168.1.*:9790/minimstreamer/*/R?

In short, a positive result. However it's bugging me why I can't use the UPnP plugin (Browser and Controller) in conjunction with the BBC Radio.m3u file. Strange! If you have any further ideas please let me know!

Thanks for your help.

Ian

This is likely to be a UPnP discovery issue with your network or router. UPnP discovery uses UDP multicast messaging to port 1900 and your router (or switch if you have one) might be blocking this. Another possibility is that an IGMP snooping setting in your router or switch is conflicting with UPnP discovery and causing the problem. If there is a setting in your router (and/or switch) to disable IGMP snooping, it would be worth trying this.

Thanks, Simon, I'll conduct some more research!

Ian
25-11-2015, 02:44
(24-11-2015 10:36)iank Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 10:35)iank Wrote:  

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Thanks, Simon, I'll conduct some more research!

Ian

Hi Simon

I disabled IGMP snooping as you suggested and the UPnP Browser is now working fine with the relevant server always being discovered following a Rescan. In short a result!

Many thanks for your advice which, I hope, may be of use to others.

Kind regards

Ian
25-11-2015, 14:38 (This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 14:39 by Cebolla.)
Hi Ian

It might also be useful if you could supply details of your router and outline the changes you made to it to get UPnP discovery working, on the relevant thread:
http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=2722

John