Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding further streams..
07-11-2015, 11:00
Adding further streams..
Hi all

Ive been running minimserver / streamer on a Synology nas for some months, streaming all my music and the BBC HLS streams very successfully.

Ive added a url to the BBC list (for Radio Paradise at 320 kbps) and that works fine.

I'm struggling to add other urls and get them to work, for instance

http://listen.abacus.fm/britishcomedy.m3u

I appreciate this stream has the same file type name as the BBC urls file so Im thinking that it is a menu rather than a stream? Any suggestions as its all I can find for this particular station. I am using it happily with LMS to a squeezebox radio also via the nas and also by adding it to the frontier silicon site for a Roberts radio I have.

Thanks

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 22:54
RE: Adding further streams..
(07-11-2015 11:00)robt Wrote:  Hi all

Ive been running minimserver / streamer on a Synology nas for some months, streaming all my music and the BBC HLS streams very successfully.

Ive added a url to the BBC list (for Radio Paradise at 320 kbps) and that works fine.

I'm struggling to add other urls and get them to work, for instance

http://listen.abacus.fm/britishcomedy.m3u

I appreciate this stream has the same file type name as the BBC urls file so Im thinking that it is a menu rather than a stream? Any suggestions as its all I can find for this particular station. I am using it happily with LMS to a squeezebox radio also via the nas and also by adding it to the frontier silicon site for a Roberts radio I have.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for letting me know about this. It's caused by a small bug in MinimStreamer, which is now fixed in version 0.5.18.
10-11-2015, 07:44 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 07:48 by robt.)
Hi Simon

Sorry for posting to the wrong area, I thought I was in the minimstreamer forum. I have tried again using the url I gave in the original post and it works perfectly now. Brilliant!

One more thing I have noticed, am I right in thinking that if you save a playlist with a particular transcode set, then the playlist saves that setting?

I found that for my Roberts 93i I needed to set stream transcode to *:wav for the BBC HLS streams and others I had added. I saved the playlist with that set and each entry continues to use that transcode even if I remove it from the stream transcode entry.

I found this accidentally as I saved the same playlist again without the setting and one playlist continued to work while the other didn't. That had me foxed for a while thinking my m3u file was somehow wrong when it was fine.

Please feel free to move this thread to the right place where it might help others.

Regards

Rob

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
10-11-2015, 09:15 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 09:16 by simoncn.)
(10-11-2015 07:44)robt Wrote:  Hi Simon

Sorry for posting to the wrong area, I thought I was in the minimstreamer forum. I have tried again using the url I gave in the original post and it works perfectly now. Brilliant!

One more thing I have noticed, am I right in thinking that if you save a playlist with a particular transcode set, then the playlist saves that setting?

I found that for my Roberts 93i I needed to set stream transcode to *:wav for the BBC HLS streams and others I had added. I saved the playlist with that set and each entry continues to use that transcode even if I remove it from the stream transcode entry.

I found this accidentally as I saved the same playlist again without the setting and one playlist continued to work while the other didn't. That had me foxed for a while thinking my m3u file was somehow wrong when it was fine.

Please feel free to move this thread to the right place where it might help others.

Regards

Rob

How did you save the playlist? This can happen if you are using a control point such as Linn Kinsky to save the exact stream URLs that MinimServer sends to the control point. In many cases (but not all cases), the transcoding setting is part of the URL.

This affects both MinimStreamer and MinimServer URLs when transcodng is enabled, so this section of the forum is the correct place for this discussion.
10-11-2015, 18:44
Hi Simon

Yes of course, I realised as I travelled to work that I hadn't mentioned that I had saved the playlist in Linn Kazoo (it also appears in Kinsky so I assume they share playlists).

The detail of the link appears in the "Track Info" section, for example "http://192.168.0.18:9790/minimstreamer/*/RP/$!transcode.wav"

Worth remembering if you use saved playlists rather than navigate to the playlist via the folder view, the playlist may override the minimstreamer settings if they are different.

Thanks for helping me understand whats going on!

Rob

Ps For me both Kinsky and Kazoo work well with Minimserver and streamer.

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
10-11-2015, 20:11
(10-11-2015 18:44)robt Wrote:  Hi Simon

Yes of course, I realised as I travelled to work that I hadn't mentioned that I had saved the playlist in Linn Kazoo (it also appears in Kinsky so I assume they share playlists).

The detail of the link appears in the "Track Info" section, for example "http://192.168.0.18:9790/minimstreamer/*/RP/$!transcode.wav"

Worth remembering if you use saved playlists rather than navigate to the playlist via the folder view, the playlist may override the minimstreamer settings if they are different.

Thanks for helping me understand whats going on!

Rob

Ps For me both Kinsky and Kazoo work well with Minimserver and streamer.

The last part of the URL ("/$!transcode.wav" in the above example) represents the transcoding setting. If the last part of the URL is in this format, the URL transcoding setting will override the stream.transcode property.