Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver on Synology error after install
03-11-2015, 20:58
RE: Minimserver on Synology error after install
Hi again,

I installed it via the manual on the minimserver webpage. I first upgraded to the last DS software (5.2 I believe). When I got to installing Java I got an error message though so I deinstalled Java and looked for an older version of the Oracle file on the internet. I found this and then the install worked. I don't know if you can follow this. ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 23:03 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 00:56 by simoncn.)
(03-11-2015 20:58)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote:  Hi again,

I installed it via the manual on the minimserver webpage. I first upgraded to the last DS software (5.2 I believe). When I got to installing Java I got an error message though so I deinstalled Java and looked for an older version of the Oracle file on the internet. I found this and then the install worked. I don't know if you can follow this. ;-)

I think I understand what you did with Java. It sounds like there is a problem with your Java installation that is causing MinimServer not to function correctly. To help me understand what might be wrong, please answer all the following questions:

1) Which model of DS do you have?

2) Did you install the version of MinimServer 0.8.3 that is available from the DS Package Center or did you download MinimServer 0.8.3.1 from the MinimServer website and do a manual install in the DS Package Center?

3) What happens if you use the DS Package Center to stop and restart MinimServer?
04-11-2015, 20:48
Hi,

Here are the answers (to the best of my ability):
1. DS software 5.2-5644 on my Synology DS411j Synology NAS
2. I downloaded from the Minimserver website (if I remember correctly)
3. I don't see anything special happening. I can stop the service (I see that it is always 'on' when I start) and I can then restart it. I don't notice anything when I do this. I still get the 'this page can't be displayed' page on a new tab.

Hope this helps ;-)
04-11-2015, 21:02
(04-11-2015 20:48)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote:  Hi,

Here are the answers (to the best of my ability):
1. DS software 5.2-5644 on my Synology DS411j Synology NAS
2. I downloaded from the Minimserver website (if I remember correctly)
3. I don't see anything special happening. I can stop the service (I see that it is always 'on' when I start) and I can then restart it. I don't notice anything when I do this. I still get the 'this page can't be displayed' page on a new tab.

Hope this helps ;-)

Thanks for this information. Please try uninstalling MinimServer 0.8.3.1 and using Synology Package Center to install the 0.8.3 version. Does this fix the problem?
04-11-2015, 21:10
Hi,

Thanks again for helping. Where do I find minim server in the package center? I have looked but I can't find it.
04-11-2015, 21:41
(04-11-2015 21:10)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks again for helping. Where do I find minim server in the package center? I have looked but I can't find it.

My apologies. Synology hasn't made MinimServer available in the Package Center for your NAS model.

Please use File Station to open the MinimServer shared folder and select the appData subfolder. Do you see files named minimserver.log and/or minimserver-out.log? If so, what is in these files?
04-11-2015, 21:45
The folder seems empty. Perhaps because I uninstalled. Should I reinstall first? Sorry for all these questions ;-)
04-11-2015, 21:47
(04-11-2015 21:45)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote:  The folder seems empty. Perhaps because I uninstalled. Should I reinstall first? Sorry for all these questions ;-)

You should reinstall MinimServer and then start MinimServer if it isn't already running. After doing this, please look at the folder and let me know what files it contains (if any).
04-11-2015, 21:49
Just reinstalled. The log states:
MinimServer 0.8.3 update 50, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_51-b07)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.51-b07, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
autoUpdate: installed package 'minimserver-0.8-update-69'
autoUpdate: relaunching runtime
MinimServer 0.8.3 update 69, Copyright © 2012-2015 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_51-b07)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.51-b07, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'enu'
Current time is Fri Nov 06 21:27:02 CET 2015 in time zone Europe/Brussels
starting MinimServer[Synology]
MinimServer: no content directory selected
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'

The out-log states:

MinimServer 0.8.3 update 50, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
autoUpdate: installed package 'minimserver-0.8-update-69'
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:
>autoUpdate: relaunching runtime
>MinimServer 0.8.3 update 69, Copyright © 2012-2015 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
starting MinimServer[Synology]
MinimServer: no content directory selected
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'
Enter command (? for help):
>
04-11-2015, 22:00 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 22:09 by simoncn.)
Thanks for this. It confirms that MinimServer is running. Please now try opening the MinimServer status web page by typing http://x.x.x.x:9790 into a web browser, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the NAS. After doing this, do you see any more output in the minimserver.log file?