Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems
15-10-2015, 13:55
Problems
Hallo,

Iám using the following configuration: Synology DS213, MinimServer, Linn Kazoo iPad and Majik DSM.

After ripping the CD with dpboweramp I´cant let search after new artist or the album. The album or the new artist is not found.

Also a new start of kazoo and a refresh of the MInimServer don´t fix the problem.

What can I do??

jokeramik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 18:15
RE: Problems
(15-10-2015 13:55)jokeramik Wrote:  Hallo,

Iám using the following configuration: Synology DS213, MinimServer, Linn Kazoo iPad and Majik DSM.

After ripping the CD with dpboweramp I´cant let search after new artist or the album. The album or the new artist is not found.

Also a new start of kazoo and a refresh of the MInimServer don´t fix the problem.

What can I do??

jokeramik

What exactly did you do to refresh MinimServer? To scan newly added music, you need to select Rescan from the MinimWatch minim icon or click the Rescan button on the MinimServer status web page.
15-10-2015, 20:54
I refresh the minim server at the synology web interface.

jokeramik
15-10-2015, 21:11
(15-10-2015 20:54)jokeramik Wrote:  I refresh the minim server at the synology web interface.

jokeramik

If you clicked the Rescan button, MinimServer will rescan the content directory (or diirectories) that you have configured. Are you sure the new album location is underneath one of your content directories?

Are you sure the album is tagged correctly? If it doesn't have tags, it won't show up in the index sections but you will be able to see it in the [folder view] or [untagged] sections.
15-10-2015, 21:44
I don´t use tags.

I rip only the cd´s via dbpoweramp in the ALAC at the music directory at the disk station.

Older albums will be shown during a search. These albums aren´t tagged. In the older albums i can search with different items for instance : artist or album and so on.

the problem only exist after ripping new cd´s.

jokeramik
15-10-2015, 22:42
(15-10-2015 21:44)jokeramik Wrote:  I don´t use tags.

I rip only the cd´s via dbpoweramp in the ALAC at the music directory at the disk station.

Older albums will be shown during a search. These albums aren´t tagged. In the older albums i can search with different items for instance : artist or album and so on.

the problem only exist after ripping new cd´s.

jokeramik

Does the file naming convention for your older albums include artist and album information in the filename? If so, this would explain why the older albums are being found by a search even though they don't contain tags.