Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim Watch wont extract
07-10-2015, 20:45
RE: Minim Watch wont extract
(07-10-2015 19:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 17:25)VBU Wrote:  Here is the requested information:
1) I am using 64-bit Windows 10.
2) I am using Java Version 8, upgrade 80 (1.8.0_60-b27)
3) I am using MinimWatch 64

Please do the following:

1) Right-click the MinimWatch desktop launch icon and select Properties

2) Change the Target field from:

"C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

to:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

3) When asked to provide administrator permission, click OK

You will need to repeat this every time you install a new version of Java or MinimWatch.

Yeah Wink Now it's working. And I got the Little green Icon.
Thank you so much for all your help. It is highly appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2015, 11:36
Hi Again, I was stupid enough to install an update for Java. But, I was happy that I thought I could fix that from the given instructions in this thread. I was not so lucky, after I have done Everything according instructions from the start of this thread, I received a text box warning me that it was a problem with the shortcut:

Problem with shortcut The given name "C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jre1.8.0_60 \ bin \ javaw.exe" -jar "C: \ Program Files \ lib \ mwatch.jar" is invalid. Make sure the path and file name are correct

Is it something you can help me with?
As mentioned, I have done all the instructions, from the start, twice, Before contacting you again.
Thank you and regards
04-11-2015, 13:06 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 13:07 by simoncn.)
(04-11-2015 11:36)VBU Wrote:  Hi Again, I was stupid enough to install an update for Java. But, I was happy that I thought I could fix that from the given instructions in this thread. I was not so lucky, after I have done Everything according instructions from the start of this thread, I received a text box warning me that it was a problem with the shortcut:

Problem with shortcut The given name "C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jre1.8.0_60 \ bin \ javaw.exe" -jar "C: \ Program Files \ lib \ mwatch.jar" is invalid. Make sure the path and file name are correct

Is it something you can help me with?
As mentioned, I have done all the instructions, from the start, twice, Before contacting you again.
Thank you and regards

If you have installed update 65, the shortcut command needs to be:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"
05-11-2015, 09:53
Thank you Simon, now it's working fine again.
28-03-2016, 09:55
Hi
After an upgrade to Synology DSM 6, the problem came back. I followed the instructions in this thread, but when I tried to change the Target field I got this message:
Problems with shortcut. The given name "C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jre1.8.0_60 \ bin \ javaw.exe" -jar "C: \ Program Files \ MinimWatch \ lib \ mwatch.jar" is invalid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

After that I tried to change 60 to 65, but without any change. After that, I uninstalled everything, Java, Minimserver, and MinimWatch, and followed the instructions on Minimwebsite to reinstall Minimserver and Minimwatch again. Minimserver is working Ok, but I can't get Minimwatch to start.
I still get the message when I try to open minimwatch. Is there som way I can get help please?
28-03-2016, 10:48
(28-03-2016 09:55)VBU Wrote:  Hi
After an upgrade to Synology DSM 6, the problem came back. I followed the instructions in this thread, but when I tried to change the Target field I got this message:
Problems with shortcut. The given name "C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jre1.8.0_60 \ bin \ javaw.exe" -jar "C: \ Program Files \ MinimWatch \ lib \ mwatch.jar" is invalid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

After that I tried to change 60 to 65, but without any change. After that, I uninstalled everything, Java, Minimserver, and MinimWatch, and followed the instructions on Minimwebsite to reinstall Minimserver and Minimwatch again. Minimserver is working Ok, but I can't get Minimwatch to start.
I still get the message when I try to open minimwatch. Is there som way I can get help please?

It seems clear from your experience that modifying the shortcut is not a successful solution.

Instread, I suggest you use the jarfix program to fix the problem with the .jar file association on your computer. After doing this, you should be able to use the standard MinimWatch installation without needing to modify the desktop shortcut.
28-03-2016, 20:08
(28-03-2016 10:48)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 09:55)VBU Wrote:  Hi

It seems clear from your experience that modifying the shortcut is not a successful solution.

Instread, I suggest you use the jarfix program to fix the problem with the .jar file association on your computer. After doing this, you should be able to use the standard MinimWatch installation without needing to modify the desktop shortcut.

YES!
Now it's working again. Thank you Simon
31-03-2016, 13:47
I use (64-bit) Windows 10 and had a similar problem with MW. I fixed it by using Control Panel->Default Programs->File Associations to associate the 'Java™ Platform SE binary' program to .jar files