Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim Watch wont extract
05-10-2015, 20:33
Minim Watch wont extract
Hi, I upgraded to win 10. After the upgrade, my PC did not work. I have to get local support, whom I think, rebooted the PC and installed Win 10. After that, win 10 installed WinRAR. Minim server is working fine, but I can't get minim Watch to start up after re-installation of MW according instructions from Minim Website. When I double click the MW Icon, it extract the "Show downloads" from Internet Explorer, and it want me to open MW togeher with a JAR file. I use Edge as a browser. Please see attachement.
MW worked fine with win 7, so I'm afraid I have done some mistake when upgrding to Win 10. Is there a solution to this problem?
I have a NAS Synology DS115J.
Thank you, Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 08:58 (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 08:59 by simoncn.)
RE: Minim Watch wont extract
(05-10-2015 20:33)VBU Wrote:  Hi, I upgraded to win 10. After the upgrade, my PC did not work. I have to get local support, whom I think, rebooted the PC and installed Win 10. After that, win 10 installed WinRAR. Minim server is working fine, but I can't get minim Watch to start up after re-installation of MW according instructions from Minim Website. When I double click the MW Icon, it extract the "Show downloads" from Internet Explorer, and it want me to open MW togeher with a JAR file. I use Edge as a browser. Please see attachement.
MW worked fine with win 7, so I'm afraid I have done some mistake when upgrding to Win 10. Is there a solution to this problem?
Thank you, Regards

You can solve this problem by doing the following:

1) Open WinRAR from the desktop shortcut
2) Select Options > Settings from the menu bar
3) Select the Integration tab
4) Uncheck the JAR box and click OK, then respond Yes to the administrator permission prompt
5) Try MinimWatch again
6) If MinimWatch still doesn't launch, uninstall Java and reinstall it, then uninstall MinimWatch and reinstall it
7) Try MinimWatch again
06-10-2015, 15:54 (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 16:06 by VBU.)
(06-10-2015 08:58)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 20:33)VBU Wrote:  Hi, I upgraded to win 10. After the upgrade, my PC did not work. I have to get local support, whom I think, rebooted the PC and installed Win 10. After that, win 10 installed WinRAR. Minim server is working fine, but I can't get minim Watch to start up after re-installation of MW according instructions from Minim Website. When I double click the MW Icon, it extract the "Show downloads" from Internet Explorer, and it want me to open MW togeher with a JAR file. I use Edge as a browser. Please see attachement.
Thank you, Regards

You can solve this problem by doing the following:

1) Open WinRAR from the desktop shortcut
2) Select Options > Settings from the menu bar
3) Select the Integration tab
4) Uncheck the JAR box and click OK, then respond Yes to the administrator permission prompt
5) Try MinimWatch again
6) If MinimWatch still doesn't launch, uninstall Java and reinstall it, then uninstall MinimWatch and reinstall it
7) Try MinimWatch again

Hi,
Thank you for the fast respons. I did all the 1-7 items, MW choses anyway to open through WinRAR. I get the feeling that Win RAR is blocking MW? The JAR box was NOT checked, so I did't have to do that. See attachement. I re-installed both Java and MW according instructions. If I should choose a different app to open MW with? Which one should it be?
Regards
06-10-2015, 17:00
(06-10-2015 15:54)VBU Wrote:  Hi,
Thank you for the fast respons. I did all the 1-7 items, MW choses anyway to open through WinRAR. I get the feeling that Win RAR is blocking MW? The JAR box was NOT checked, so I did't have to do that. See attachement. I re-installed both Java and MW according instructions. If I should choose a different app to open MW with? Which one should it be?
Regards

In Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program, what is shown under Description and Current Default for the .jar file type?

If you right-click the MinimWatch desktop launch icon and select Properties, what is shown as the Target type in the Shortcut tab?
06-10-2015, 17:43 (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 17:48 by VBU.)
(06-10-2015 17:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 15:54)VBU Wrote:  Hi,
Regards

In Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program, what is shown under Description and Current Default for the .jar file type?

If you right-click the MinimWatch desktop launch icon and select Properties, what is shown as the Target type in the Shortcut tab?

In the Control panel > Default programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program, under Descriptiopn it show JAR-file, and Current Deafult, it show Internet Explorer.

When i right-click the Minim Watch Icon, under properties Shortcut tab, it show JAR-file

Please see attchement
06-10-2015, 19:09
(06-10-2015 17:43)VBU Wrote:  In the Control panel > Default programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program, under Descriptiopn it show JAR-file, and Current Deafult, it show Internet Explorer.

When i right-click the Minim Watch Icon, under properties Shortcut tab, it show JAR-file

Please see attchement

In Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs, select Internet Explorer, then select 'Choose defaults for this program'. If the .jar extension is checked (I presume it is), uncheck it and click the Save button.

Now go back to Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Is the .jar type still in the list? If so, what is now shown under Description and Current Default?
06-10-2015, 21:12
(06-10-2015 19:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 17:43)VBU Wrote:  In the Control panel > Default programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program, under Descriptiopn it show JAR-file, and Current Deafult, it show Internet Explorer.

Please see attchement

In Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs, select Internet Explorer, then select 'Choose defaults for this program'. If the .jar extension is checked (I presume it is), uncheck it and click the Save button.

Now go back to Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Is the .jar type still in the list? If so, what is now shown under Description and Current Default?

I selected Internet Explorer, but there was no .jar extension in the list, see attachement. I also checked Edge and Chrome, but no .jar was listed. I did the opposite, checked the Win RAR Archiver, and Internet Explorer is unchecked in the Win RAR list, see Picture 3 in attachement.
I Went back to Control panel > Deafult programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program. The .jar type is still in the list, and, under Description it still says JAR-file, and under Current Deafult is still says Internet Explorer
07-10-2015, 15:35
(06-10-2015 21:12)VBU Wrote:  I selected Internet Explorer, but there was no .jar extension in the list, see attachement. I also checked Edge and Chrome, but no .jar was listed. I did the opposite, checked the Win RAR Archiver, and Internet Explorer is unchecked in the Win RAR list, see Picture 3 in attachement.
I Went back to Control panel > Deafult programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program. The .jar type is still in the list, and, under Description it still says JAR-file, and under Current Deafult is still says Internet Explorer

It sounds like there is some corruption in the Windows Registry. I think the simplest solution will be for you to modify the settings for the MinimServer desktop launch icon. To give you the correct settings, I will need to know the following:

1) Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
2) Are you using Java 7 or Java 8?
3) Are you using MinimWatch x64 or x86?
07-10-2015, 17:25
(07-10-2015 15:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 21:12)VBU Wrote:  I selected Internet Explorer, but there was no .jar extension in the list, see attachement. I also checked Edge and Chrome, but no .jar was listed. I did the opposite, checked the Win RAR Archiver, and Internet Explorer is unchecked in the Win RAR list, see Picture 3 in attachement.

It sounds like there is some corruption in the Windows Registry. I think the simplest solution will be for you to modify the settings for the MinimServer desktop launch icon. To give you the correct settings, I will need to know the following:

1) Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
2) Are you using Java 7 or Java 8?
3) Are you using MinimWatch x64 or x86?

Here is the requested information:
1) I am using 64-bit Windows 10.
2) I am using Java Version 8, upgrade 80 (1.8.0_60-b27)
3) I am using MinimWatch 64
07-10-2015, 19:19
(07-10-2015 17:25)VBU Wrote:  Here is the requested information:
1) I am using 64-bit Windows 10.
2) I am using Java Version 8, upgrade 80 (1.8.0_60-b27)
3) I am using MinimWatch 64

Please do the following:

1) Right-click the MinimWatch desktop launch icon and select Properties

2) Change the Target field from:

"C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

to:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

3) When asked to provide administrator permission, click OK

You will need to repeat this every time you install a new version of Java or MinimWatch.