Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim Setup
10-09-2015, 15:45
Minim Setup
Hello everyone,

I was hoping that someone might be able to assist me. I have a CH Precision C1 setup and I am wishing to access content on my Macbook hard drive.

The server is running, I have scanned the library of music, the computer is connected to a router which is setup as an access point at the end of a chain containing 2 other access points and a router at the end. I have access to the internet, so I know that the access point is functional, but the CH Precision C1 cannot for some reason so the Minim Server - it briefly says 'DSP Booting' as it starts up, followed by 'Network Config' & 'no Audio Signal' on its screen.

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong with this setup?

Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 18:16
RE: Minim Setup
Do you have the Ethernet streaming board fitted to the CH Precision C1? If so, you can use the C1 as a UPnP renderer to stream music from MinimServer across the Ethernet connection. For this, you need to use a UPnP control point (this is typically an app running on Android or iOS).
11-09-2015, 08:49
(10-09-2015 18:16)simoncn Wrote:  Do you have the Ethernet streaming board fitted to the CH Precision C1? If so, you can use the C1 as a UPnP renderer to stream music from MinimServer across the Ethernet connection. For this, you need to use a UPnP control point (this is typically an app running on Android or iOS).

Hi Simoncn, thank you for the reply. Yes I have the ethernet streaming board fitted and the C1 is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I also have an Android device running the CH control app.

The issue appears to be that the UPnP control point or app, cannot see the C1 and visa versa. But the app can see the MinimServer on my Macbook - which implies that the server and the app are functional on the same network, but the C1 is not.

The router from which the C1 and the Macbook and the app are running is actually setup as an access point, it is downstream of a router which is on the other side of the building and linked via ethernet cable.
11-09-2015, 10:35 (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 10:36 by simoncn.)
(11-09-2015 08:49)LAntony Wrote:  Hi Simoncn, thank you for the reply. Yes I have the ethernet streaming board fitted and the C1 is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I also have an Android device running the CH control app.

The issue appears to be that the UPnP control point or app, cannot see the C1 and visa versa. But the app can see the MinimServer on my Macbook - which implies that the server and the app are functional on the same network, but the C1 is not.

The router from which the C1 and the Macbook and the app are running is actually setup as an access point, it is downstream of a router which is on the other side of the building and linked via ethernet cable.

It sounds like you have the right components in place but something isn't set up correctly to allow other network devices to access the C1 using multicast. This problem might be in your network setup or it might be in your configuration settings for the C1. It is probably best to start by contacting CH to confirm that you have the correct settings in the C1. They should also be able to advise you on possible network issues that could cause this problem.
11-09-2015, 11:03
(11-09-2015 10:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 08:49)LAntony Wrote:  Hi Simoncn, thank you for the reply. Yes I have the ethernet streaming board fitted and the C1 is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I also have an Android device running the CH control app.

It sounds like you have the right components in place but something isn't set up correctly to allow other network devices to access the C1 using multicast. This problem might be in your network setup or it might be in your configuration settings for the C1. It is probably best to start by contacting CH to confirm that you have the correct settings in the C1. They should also be able to advise you on possible network issues that could cause this problem.
You probably have use the announce setting in the network menu.
This forces the C1 to send messages to announce itself, it makes it possible other devices to detect the C1.
Just being curious, you paid a huge amount of money for a streamer, I would expect your dealer to completely install this nice device!!

Peter

Attached File(s)
.pdf  IMG_0613 CH.pdf (Size: 114.81 KB / Downloads: 210)