Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GETTING STARTED
03-11-2015, 01:26
RE: GETTING STARTED
I determined my problem with the folder and fixed it. Thanks. Next issue: Some records have their tracks in alphabetical order in minimserver, rather than in track order. This includes some classical recordings, which is obviously problematic. How do I go about fixing this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 09:47
(03-11-2015 01:26)sgoldfin Wrote:  I determined my problem with the folder and fixed it. Thanks. Next issue: Some records have their tracks in alphabetical order in minimserver, rather than in track order. This includes some classical recordings, which is obviously problematic. How do I go about fixing this?

You need to make sure that all these tracks have ALBUM and TRACKNUMBER tags. Also, you should check the MinimServer log to see whether there are any warning messages for the tracks that aren't being sorted correctly.
04-11-2015, 03:10
Thanks. I am still having crash problems. I changed the sharing for the entire parent folder, but I am unable to find the folder in Windows Explorer to which it says it can't write when it crashes. It's not there, or at least windows explorer doesn't show it, or anything like it. Please advise. I searched my whole computer and it doesn't come up.
04-11-2015, 08:27
(04-11-2015 03:10)sgoldfin Wrote:  Thanks. I am still having crash problems. I changed the sharing for the entire parent folder, but I am unable to find the folder in Windows Explorer to which it says it can't write when it crashes. It's not there, or at least windows explorer doesn't show it, or anything like it. Please advise. I searched my whole computer and it doesn't come up.

You can do either of the following:

1) Type the string c:\users\dad\appdata\roaming\minimserver into the Explorer address bar, then right-click on 'data' and select Properties.

2) Type the string c:\users\dad\appdata into the Explorer address bar and then use the Explorer window to navigate down to the Roaming > MinimServer subfolder. Right-click on 'data' and select Properties.

You should also check the permissions for the 'libext' folder (next to 'data' under the MinimServer folder). Write access to the 'libext' folder is needed in order to apply updates.
04-11-2015, 21:01
I cannot seem to solve my issue. I have tried a new router as well as a new Ethernet switch and the Naim program still has difficulty finding Minimserver. I know that snooping is turned off. I will try another server program and see if their is any difference.

(28-10-2015 20:33)rockerz Wrote:  Thanks for the help, Simon. I will let you know what I come up with.
Andy
04-11-2015, 21:44
(04-11-2015 21:01)rockerz Wrote:  I cannot seem to solve my issue. I have tried a new router as well as a new Ethernet switch and the Naim program still has difficulty finding Minimserver. I know that snooping is turned off. I will try another server program and see if their is any difference.

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't helped. Which models of router and switch did you try?
04-11-2015, 22:12
An Asus RT68 and a Netgear pro switch
04-11-2015, 22:30
(04-11-2015 22:12)rockerz Wrote:  An Asus RT68 and a Netgear pro switch

If this is the Asus RT-AC68U, you need to go to the Wireless - Professional screen and set Wireless Multicast Forwarding to Enable.
04-11-2015, 22:38
Ok I will give that a try. Thanks
05-11-2015, 01:31
I am in the Asus setup and I cannot find such a parameter. The only thing I see says Multicast rate.