Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GETTING STARTED
28-10-2015, 13:28
RE: GETTING STARTED
Is there a router you know of that allows turning snooping off?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 13:29
Also, thanks for the tip on turning off A to Z - works perfectly
28-10-2015, 16:02
(28-10-2015 13:28)rockerz Wrote:  Is there a router you know of that allows turning snooping off?

Have you checked whether the problem occurs after your mobile device that is running the Naim app goes into sleep mode? It would be sensible to try this first to confirm whether the problem is related to IGMP snooping. You should let the device sleep for a few minutes, then wake it up and check whether the Naim app can still see MinimServer.

I think most routers would have a setting for disabling IGMP snooping if this is enabled by default. My router is a Cisco but this would be quite an expensive solution and it isn't simple to configure. As a starting point, you could look at this list of devices that have been tested by Linn.
28-10-2015, 16:32
It does happen only after the Devi e has gone to sleep. I looked at the Linn link and it appears they want snooping enabled.
28-10-2015, 20:10
(28-10-2015 16:32)rockerz Wrote:  It does happen only after the Devi e has gone to sleep. I looked at the Linn link and it appears they want snooping enabled.

These routers should be capable of running with IGMP snooping enabled or disabled. Linn wants snooping enabled because Linn Songcast needs that to prevent flooding the network with too many multicast messages. If you're not using Linn Songcast, you can run with IGMP snooping disabled, which is a lot easier to set up correctly.

Perhaps other users can suggest routers that are easy to set up with IGMP snooping disabled. I presume most MinimServer users have a router that can do this (or has IGMP snooping disabled by default).
28-10-2015, 20:33
Thanks for the help, Simon. I will let you know what I come up with.
Andy
02-11-2015, 16:21
Minimserverr keeps crashing. Get a message Unable to save property minimserver.systemupdateID to file c:\users\dad\appdata\roaming\minimserver\data\minimserver.config: rename errror.

Please advise.
Also, when computer restarts, I need to reenter locations of music files. Why can"t it remember it?
02-11-2015, 16:51
(02-11-2015 16:21)sgoldfin Wrote:  Minimserverr keeps crashing. Get a message Unable to save property minimserver.systemupdateID to file c:\users\dad\appdata\roaming\minimserver\data\minimserver.config: rename errror.

Please advise.
Also, when computer restarts, I need to reenter locations of music files. Why can"t it remember it?

Both these issues are caused by the same problem. It sounds like the user that is running MinimServer doesn't have write access to the MinimServer data folder c:\users\dad\appdata\roaming\minimserver\data. You can use Windows Explorer to check the access permissions for this folder.
02-11-2015, 20:25
I did a search for this folder on c: and nothing comes up with that label. It also did not show up when I open the parent folder. How do I get it to be there?
02-11-2015, 21:01
(02-11-2015 20:25)sgoldfin Wrote:  I did a search for this folder on c: and nothing comes up with that label. It also did not show up when I open the parent folder. How do I get it to be there?

The c:\users\dad\appdata folder is hidden by default in Explorer. You need to type this exact path into the Explorer address bar to see it.