Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folder view: new cover.jpg is not updated
12-07-2015, 16:12
Folder view: new cover.jpg is not updated
Hi Simon,

I have updated several cover.jpg files in some album directories. Also some folders have got a cover.jpg that were missing one before. After triggering a rescan from minimwatch I can see the completely new icons in folder navigation, but the icons that have been altered are not updated!?

I tried a upnp cache clear in the naim app an a reload in bubble upnp app, but this does not change anything. Also clearing the thumbnail cache in bubbleupnp does not help.

Stepping inside a folder with bubbleupnp I can see the new cover art for the tracks. But the folder icon itself is not updated. I guess I could do a complete scan now. But it seems like minimserver does not update the new icon for the folder, only for the tracks?

Greetings
Gert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2015, 19:36
RE: Folder view: new cover.jpg is not updated
(12-07-2015 16:12)tarnkappe Wrote:  Hi Simon,

I have updated several cover.jpg files in some album directories. Also some folders have got a cover.jpg that were missing one before. After triggering a rescan from minimwatch I can see the completely new icons in folder navigation, but the icons that have been altered are not updated!?

I tried a upnp cache clear in the naim app an a reload in bubble upnp app, but this does not change anything. Also clearing the thumbnail cache in bubbleupnp does not help.

Stepping inside a folder with bubbleupnp I can see the new cover art for the tracks. But the folder icon itself is not updated. I guess I could do a complete scan now. But it seems like minimserver does not update the new icon for the folder, only for the tracks?

Greetings
Gert

I will test this scenario in the next few days and let you know what I find.
16-07-2015, 22:37
(12-07-2015 19:36)simoncn Wrote:  I will test this scenario in the next few days and let you know what I find.

This appears to be caused by client-side caching of the original image. Because the image URL hasn't changed, the client thinks its old cached image is still valid.

After changing the image and doing a MinimServer rescan, I tried force-quitting and restarting BubbleUPnP but this didn't cause BubbleUPnP to request a new version of the image from MinimServer. I tried rebooting Android but this didn't make any difference. When I cleared the cached data for all apps using Settings > Storage and did another rescan from BubbleUPnP, the new image was displayed.
17-07-2015, 07:21
Thank you, Simon.

I will ask the author of BubbleUPnP about this. IMHO at least clearing the thumbnail cache in the settings of BubbleUPnp should lead to fetching the new cover. Also an explicit "Reload" in the library view should do this.

But I am astonished that the naim app does have the same problem. I think about reporting this to naim as well.

Greetings
Gert
20-07-2015, 07:08
The BubbleUPnP author has answered
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...st61941611

"Reload [in the library view] only reloads the contents of the folder.
Clearing the thumbnail cache should always work but until the latest update (v2.4.1) there was a bug where clearing the thumbnail file cache was not clearing cached thumbnails in memory. So you may want to retry with that version."

I have not retried yet, but maybe this information is of interest nevertheless.