Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming malfunction while streaming from PC to network player
06-07-2015, 12:14
Streaming malfunction while streaming from PC to network player
Hello,

I meet a MinimServer malfunction. Minimserver installed on my PC (Windows 7 pro 64bit), music library (flac files) is stored on an external hard drive (USB3).
Music is sent via WiFi to a network drive Cambridge Audio CXN (all controlled by Bubble Upnp app was Android Tablet).
The Wifi connection is very good.

When I send the music to CXN, track names appear one after the other on the screen, and once about 10, a track will be played.

I do not encounter this problem with Foobar200 server.

But as I prefer to use Minimserver, I would find a way to make it work normally.

Could you help me?

Are there any network or other settings that could be modified to correct these problems connecting?

The Minimserver debug logfile is attached.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jacques
(Paris-France)

Attached File(s)
.txt  debug.txt (Size: 116.48 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2015, 08:15 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 08:27 by simoncn.)
RE: Streaming malfunction while streaming from PC to network player
(06-07-2015 12:14)JacBast Wrote:  Hello,

I meet a MinimServer malfunction. Minimserver installed on my PC (Windows 7 pro 64bit), music library (flac files) is stored on an external hard drive (USB3).
Music is sent via WiFi to a network drive Cambridge Audio CXN (all controlled by Bubble Upnp app was Android Tablet).
The Wifi connection is very good.

When I send the music to CXN, track names appear one after the other on the screen, and once about 10, a track will be played.

I do not encounter this problem with Foobar200 server.

But as I prefer to use Minimserver, I would find a way to make it work normally.

Could you help me?

Are there any network or other settings that could be modified to correct these problems connecting?

The Minimserver debug logfile is attached.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jacques
(Paris-France)

This log shows a number of requests for album art images. It doesn't show any requests for audio streams.

Were you were attempting to play any music during the time covered by this log (19:14:57 to 19:17:13)? If so, the streaming requests from the renderer weren't received by MinimServer.
07-07-2015, 17:39
Yes, I was attempting to play music (via Bubble NpNp).

I am a daily user of Minimserver for over two years (and thus big fan).

I have two homes.

In the first house, via BubbleUPnP (on Android Tablet), I send music stored on my PC with Minimserver to a network drive PS Audio Perfectwave II (with WiFi connection). Everything works perfectly.

In the second house, via BubbleUPnP (same android tablet), I send music stored on the same PC with Minimserver to a network drive Cambridge CXN (with WiFi connection). And in this case it does not work.
But it works correctly with Foobar2000 server (instead of MinimServer).

With MinimServer, the names of the song are displayed on the screen of CXN. Sometimes (one in ten) music is played (and the cover appears well) and most of the time, the name of a song displays a second or two and then be replaced by the name of the next song.

I really do not understand why.

That is why I asked you if there are there any network settings (or other settings) that could be modified to correct these problems ?

Thank you by advance for you help.

Best regards,
Jacques
07-07-2015, 23:16
(07-07-2015 17:39)JacBast Wrote:  Yes, I was attempting to play music (via Bubble NpNp).

I am a daily user of Minimserver for over two years (and thus big fan).

I have two homes.

In the first house, via BubbleUPnP (on Android Tablet), I send music stored on my PC with Minimserver to a network drive PS Audio Perfectwave II (with WiFi connection). Everything works perfectly.

In the second house, via BubbleUPnP (same android tablet), I send music stored on the same PC with Minimserver to a network drive Cambridge CXN (with WiFi connection). And in this case it does not work.
But it works correctly with Foobar2000 server (instead of MinimServer).

With MinimServer, the names of the song are displayed on the screen of CXN. Sometimes (one in ten) music is played (and the cover appears well) and most of the time, the name of a song displays a second or two and then be replaced by the name of the next song.

I really do not understand why.

That is why I asked you if there are there any network settings (or other settings) that could be modified to correct these problems ?

Thank you by advance for you help.

Best regards,
Jacques

The symptoms you have described are unusual and I don't know what is causing the problem. Without knowing the cause of the problem, it is difficult to suggest a solution.

It is possible that the problem might be related to a multicast connectivity issue that causes the CXN (but not the Android tablet) to lose contact with MinimServer. If so, it might help to disable IGMP snooping on your router if the router has a setting to do this.

If thie doesn't solve the problem, can you try using a wired connection from the CXN to the PC to see if this improves things?
08-07-2015, 10:18
Thank you Simon for your quick reply and suggestions.
I will check next week-end the network settings of my router.
Also, I saw that the CXN listened continuously WiFi and Ethernet, and that it was possible to set one or the other. I will do the test by cutting listening on Ethernet.
I will inform you if this will solve the problem.
Best regards,
jacques
08-07-2015, 10:29 (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 10:29 by simoncn.)
(08-07-2015 10:18)JacBast Wrote:  Thank you Simon for your quick reply and suggestions.
I will check next week-end the network settings of my router.
Also, I saw that the CXN listened continuously WiFi and Ethernet, and that it was possible to set one or the other. I will do the test by cutting listening on Ethernet.
I will inform you if this will solve the problem.
Best regards,
jacques

Having the CXN listen on both WiFi and Ethernet might be related to the problem.

Does the PC that you use to run MinimServer have multiple active network connections (e.g., to both WiFi and Ethernet)? This would cause MinimServer to send multiple SSDP "alive" announcements with the same UDN identifier, which might confuse the CXN and cause the problem you are seeing.
10-07-2015, 23:46
The problem is solved.

Only Bitdefender was involved.

The parameter "Block port scans on the network" was enabled.

By disabling this parameter, Minimserver works perfectly !!!