Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
24-06-2015, 13:30
RE: new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
Simoncn Bad news, I have a slow but careful look, I can't find the top-level server menu. I had a careful look for 1 playlist, nothing either.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 13:54
(24-06-2015 13:30)guest Wrote:  Simoncn Bad news, I have a slow but careful look, I can't find the top-level server menu. I had a careful look for 1 playlist, nothing either.

The top-level server menu should be displayed when you select MinimServer as a UPnP server in your internet radio. What do you see when you do this?
24-06-2015, 15:10
(24-06-2015 13:54)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 13:30)guest Wrote:  Simoncn Bad news, I have a slow but careful look, I can't find the top-level server menu. I had a careful look for 1 playlist, nothing either.

The top-level server menu should be displayed when you select MinimServer as a UPnP server in your internet radio. What do you see when you do this?

Simon I every day use a roberts wm-201. I have tried, it finds the minimserver, choose folder view it very quickly says loading, but is unsuccessful so just goes back
24-06-2015, 17:59
(24-06-2015 15:10)guest Wrote:  Simon I every day use a roberts wm-201. I have tried, it finds the minimserver, choose folder view it very quickly says loading, but is unsuccessful so just goes back

What selections do you see on the top-level menu as well as "[folder view]"? Please list everything that is shown.
24-06-2015, 18:25
Simoncn Truthfully between choosing the upnp server and the attempted folder nothing has been overlooked
24-06-2015, 22:23
(24-06-2015 18:25)guest Wrote:  Simoncn Truthfully between choosing the upnp server and the attempted folder nothing has been overlooked

Are you saying that you are only seeing [folder view] with no other choices? If so, this means that there is some problem with your setup. Either your contentDir setting isn't correct or there is some problem with your 'BBC Radio.m3u' file.

The 'BBC Radio.m3u' file needs to be a plain text file. Did you save it in some other format?
24-06-2015, 23:08
(24-06-2015 22:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 18:25)guest Wrote:  Simoncn Truthfully between choosing the upnp server and the attempted folder nothing has been overlooked

Are you saying that you are only seeing [folder view] with no other choices? If so, this means that there is some problem with your setup. Either your contentDir setting isn't correct or there is some problem with your 'BBC Radio.m3u' file.

The 'BBC Radio.m3u' file needs to be a plain text file. Did you save it in some other format?

Simon Ref folder view---your belief is 100% Ref the syntax to point to the content directory is correct because there are not any errors Ref the bbc m3u file I used the one from your forum as is Are there any registry details that could be checked?
24-06-2015, 23:15 (This post was last modified: 24-06-2015 23:16 by simoncn.)
(24-06-2015 23:08)guest Wrote:  Simon Ref folder view---your belief is 100% Ref the syntax to point to the content directory is correct because there are not any errors Ref the bbc m3u file I used the one from your forum as is Are there any registry details that could be checked?

There will not be any errors if you point the contentDir property at a directory that doesn't contain any valid audio files or playlists. I suspect this is what has happened.

Did you remember to rename the BBC Radio.m3u.sample file to BBC Radio.m3u or did you leave it with the .sample extension? It won't work unless it is renamed to BBC Radio.m3u.
24-06-2015, 23:47
(24-06-2015 23:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 23:08)guest Wrote:  Simon Ref folder view---your belief is 100% Ref the syntax to point to the content directory is correct because there are not any errors Ref the bbc m3u file I used the one from your forum as is Are there any registry details that could be checked?

There will not be any errors if you point the contentDir property at a directory that doesn't contain any valid audio files or playlists. I suspect this is what has happened.

Did you remember to rename the BBC Radio.m3u.sample file to BBC Radio.m3u or did you leave it with the .sample extension? It won't work unless it is renamed to BBC Radio.m3u.

Simon A difficult call here, how ever i am truthful and fair--Ordinarily the file is not shown to be sample--Though when you right click it becomes apparent that it is a sample file. How are matters corrected, please?
25-06-2015, 07:05 (This post was last modified: 25-06-2015 07:06 by simoncn.)
(24-06-2015 23:47)guest Wrote:  Simon A difficult call here, how ever i am truthful and fair--Ordinarily the file is not shown to be sample--Though when you right click it becomes apparent that it is a sample file. How are matters corrected, please?

You need to rename the file. To do this, right-click the file in Windows Explorer and select Rename, then edit the file name in the entry field that appears. Explorer will ask you to confirm that you want to change the extension and you should click Yes to confirm the change.

After doing this, select Rescan from the minim icon and you should now see '1 playlist' in the MinimServer top-level menu. Click on '1 playlist', then click on 'BBC Radio' and select the radio stream that you want to play.