Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
25-06-2015, 09:15
RE: new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
(25-06-2015 07:05)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 23:47)guest Wrote:  Simon A difficult call here, how ever i am truthful and fair--Ordinarily the file is not shown to be sample--Though when you right click it becomes apparent that it is a sample file. How are matters corrected, please?

You need to rename the file. To do this, right-click the file in Windows Explorer and select Rename, then edit the file name in the entry field that appears. Explorer will ask you to confirm that you want to change the extension and you should click Yes to confirm the change.

After doing this, select Rescan from the minim icon and you should now see '1 playlist' in the MinimServer top-level menu. Click on '1 playlist', then click on 'BBC Radio' and select the radio stream that you want to play.

Simon late last night i found a different play list file with out sample any where, but still no good--Seriously could minimserver be run via a live linux distro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2015, 16:01
(25-06-2015 09:15)guest Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 07:05)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 23:47)guest Wrote:  Simon A difficult call here, how ever i am truthful and fair--Ordinarily the file is not shown to be sample--Though when you right click it becomes apparent that it is a sample file. How are matters corrected, please?

You need to rename the file. To do this, right-click the file in Windows Explorer and select Rename, then edit the file name in the entry field that appears. Explorer will ask you to confirm that you want to change the extension and you should click Yes to confirm the change.

After doing this, select Rescan from the minim icon and you should now see '1 playlist' in the MinimServer top-level menu. Click on '1 playlist', then click on 'BBC Radio' and select the radio stream that you want to play.

Hello simon are you all right?

Simon late last night i found a different play list file with out sample any where, but still no good--Seriously could minimserver be run via a live linux distro
25-06-2015, 17:47
(25-06-2015 09:15)guest Wrote:  Simon late last night i found a different play list file with out sample any where, but still no good--Seriously could minimserver be run via a live linux distro

MinimServer can be run on Linux but this won't make any difference to the playlist problem you are having.

I don't know where you found the new playlist and I don't know whether or not it is correct. Please do as I suggested and use the playlist file that I have provided at this location. After downloading it, rename it to BBC Radio.m3u and do a rescan as I described in my last post.

If you don't see '1 playlist' after doing this, please answer the following questions:

1) Which platform (Windows, Mac or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer?

2) What is the exact value of your contentDir property?

3) What is the exact folder location of your renamed BBC Radio.m3u file?
25-06-2015, 18:10
(25-06-2015 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 09:15)guest Wrote:  Simon late last night i found a different play list file with out sample any where, but still no good--Seriously could minimserver be run via a live linux distro

MinimServer can be run on Linux but this won't make any difference to the playlist problem you are having.

I don't know where you found the new playlist and I don't know whether or not it is correct. Please do as I suggested and use the playlist file that I have provided at this location. After downloading it, rename it to BBC Radio.m3u and do a rescan as I described in my last post.

If you don't see '1 playlist' after doing this, please answer the following questions:

Simon I have downloaded the file you describe.
I use windows 7 32 bit
Truthfully the content directory has a problem
At the moment c:\users\richard\desktop.
I have tried unsuccessfully to ad a specified folder
25-06-2015, 18:21
(25-06-2015 18:10)guest Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  

Simon I have downloaded the file you describe.
I use windows 7 32 bit
Truthfully the content directory has a problem
At the moment c:\users\richard\desktop.
I have tried unsuccessfully to ad a specified folder

Simon I have managed to correct the contentdirectory property but at the radio I can find minimserver but nothing further
25-06-2015, 18:47
(25-06-2015 18:21)guest Wrote:  Simon I have managed to correct the contentdirectory property but at the radio I can find minimserver but nothing further

Please answer the following questions. I can't help you solve the problem without this information.

1) What is the exact value of your contentDir property?

2) Have you renamed the downloaded file from BBC Radio.m3u.sample to BBC Radio.m3u using the instructions that I posted earlier?

3) If you have done this rename, what is the exact folder location of the renamed BBC Radio.m3u file?
25-06-2015, 18:53
(25-06-2015 18:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 18:21)guest Wrote:  Simon I have managed to correct the contentdirectory property but at the radio I can find minimserver but nothing further

Please answer the following questions. I can't help you solve the problem without this information.

1) What is the exact value of your contentDir property?
****C:\USER\RICHARD\DESKTOP\PLAY-BBC\BBCRADIO.M3U8****
2) Have you renamed the downloaded file from BBC Radio.m3u.sample to BBC Radio.m3u using the instructions that I posted earlier?
***YES I HAVE DONE THIS*****
3) If you have done this rename, what is the exact folder location of the renamed BBC Radio.m3u file? ****C:\USER\RICHARD\DESKTOP\PLAY-BBC\BBCRADIO.M3U8****
25-06-2015, 19:39
(25-06-2015 18:53)guest Wrote:  1) What is the exact value of your contentDir property?
3) If you have done this rename, what is the exact folder location of the renamed BBC Radio.m3u file? ****C:\USER\RICHARD\DESKTOP\PLAY-BBC\BBCRADIO.M3U8****

Thanks for this. Is BBCRADIO.M3U8 the name of a folder or the name of a playlist file?
25-06-2015, 19:43
(25-06-2015 19:39)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 18:53)guest Wrote:  1) What is the exact value of your contentDir property?

Thanks for this. Is BBCRADIO.M3U8 the name of a folder or the name of a playlist file?
as per ****C:\USER\RICHARD\DESKTOP\PLAY-BBC\BBCRADIO.M3U8**** the folder is play-bbc

I don't know, but I believed that BBCRADIO.M3U8 was the play list
25-06-2015, 20:29
(25-06-2015 19:43)guest Wrote:  as per ****C:\USER\RICHARD\DESKTOP\PLAY-BBC\BBCRADIO.M3U8**** the folder is play-bbc

I don't know, but I believed that BBCRADIO.M3U8 was the play list

Thanks again.

You need to set contentDir to the name of the folder, so contentDir should be C:\USER\RICHARD\DESKTOP\PLAY-BBC. Please try changing this and doing a Rescan from the minim icon.