Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
23-06-2015, 16:47
RE: new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
Dave I am quite happy to try some thing that is known to work. The main objective is to be able to stream bbc hls/ aac streams at the best quality
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 16:54
You don't need alias tags set for that.

You need to follow the appropriate instructions here: http://minimstreamer.com

Dave
23-06-2015, 18:25
(23-06-2015 16:54)DaveWr Wrote:  You don't need alias tags set for that.

You need to follow the appropriate instructions here: http://minimstreamer.com

Dave

Davewr--Many thanks, i followed your advise, less is best.
I have made proper effort, my internet radio finds the upnp server by name but not the folder called bbc-radio that is used to hold the play list.

Any helpful pointers please?
24-06-2015, 00:03
(23-06-2015 18:25)guest Wrote:  my internet radio finds the upnp server by name but not the folder called bbc-radio that is used to hold the play list.

In the properties dialog, you need to set the contentDir property to include the directory or directories containing the playlist file(s). The easiest way to do this is to put the directory in the music directory already referenced by contentDir. Alternatively you can add the location directly to contentDir, as described in the 'Reading Audio Files' section of this page of the User Guide.

When you have done this, right click on the green Minim icon and initiate a rescan from the menu, so that MinimServer indexes your playlist(s).

David
24-06-2015, 09:27
(24-06-2015 00:03)DavidHB Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 18:25)guest Wrote:  my internet radio finds the upnp server by name but not the folder called bbc-radio that is used to hold the play list.

In the properties dialog, you need to set the contentDir property to include the directory or directories containing the playlist file(s). The easiest way to do this is to put the directory in the music directory already referenced by contentDir. Alternatively you can add the location directly to contentDir, as described in the 'Reading Audio Files' section of this page of the User Guide.

When you have done this, right click on the green Minim icon and initiate a rescan from the menu, so that MinimServer indexes your playlist(s).

David

**Davidhb** ref;The easiest way to do this is to put the directory in the music directory already referenced by contentDir. I have all ready been trying this. As in, c:\users\richard\desktop\bbc-radio
I have ensured that the spelling is consistent. I have tried sharing the folder too
24-06-2015, 10:03
(24-06-2015 09:27)guest Wrote:  I have ensured that the spelling is consistent. I have tried sharing the folder too

Did you set the MinimStreamer BBC stream as a custom radio station URL for your internet radio as described on steps 8 and 9 of the MinimRadio page or are you using the internet radio as a UPnP control point to browse the MinimServer library as described on steps 8 and 9 of this MinimStreamer page?
24-06-2015, 10:32
Davidhb & simoncn My Internet radio finds minimserver as a upnp server
24-06-2015, 11:40
(24-06-2015 09:27)guest Wrote:  **Davidhb** ref;The easiest way to do this is to put the directory in the music directory already referenced by contentDir. I have all ready been trying this. As in, c:\users\richard\desktop\bbc-radio I have ensured that the spelling is consistent. I have tried sharing the folder too

Did you get MinimServer do do a rescan? If you did, does the MinimServer log (also accessible by right-clicking on the green Minim icon) show any error messages?

David
24-06-2015, 11:46
(24-06-2015 11:40)DavidHB Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 09:27)guest Wrote:  **Davidhb** ref;The easiest way to do this is to put the directory in the music directory already referenced by contentDir. I have all ready been trying this. As in, c:\users\richard\desktop\bbc-radio I have ensured that the spelling is consistent. I have tried sharing the folder too

Did you get MinimServer do do a rescan? If you did, does the MinimServer log (also accessible by right-clicking on the green Minim icon) show any error messages?

David

The minimserver log dose not show any error. I have done lots of restarts & rescans, after changes are made
24-06-2015, 13:18
(24-06-2015 10:32)guest Wrote:  Davidhb & simoncn My Internet radio finds minimserver as a upnp server

From the top-level server menu, do you see a selection named "1 playlist"? If so, what do you see when you select this?