Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
23-06-2015, 09:03
new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
Help me please,
I have both minimwatch & minimserver installed on a windows 7 pc. I get some gibberish about incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server.
i do not see any appdata that could be deleted.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 11:25
RE: new user incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server
(23-06-2015 09:03)guest Wrote:  Help me please,
I have both minimwatch & minimserver installed on a windows 7 pc. I get some gibberish about incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server.

Thanks

The message is not gibberish. It is intended to help you find and fix the problem with the value you have set for the aliasTags property. Please post the following here:

1) the complete exact error message
2) the complete exact contents of the aliasTags property
23-06-2015, 13:24
(23-06-2015 11:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 09:03)guest Wrote:  Help me please,

Thanks

The message is not gibberish. It is intended to help you find and fix the problem with the value you have set for the aliasTags property. Please post the following here:

1) the complete exact error message
2) the complete exact contents of the aliasTags property

1--incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server.
2-in a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated
23-06-2015, 13:43
(23-06-2015 13:24)guest Wrote:  1--incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server.
2-in a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated

Instead of guessing 12 more hours, I'd suggest to start with the user guide and with the section describing the aliasTags property in particular.
23-06-2015, 14:08
(23-06-2015 13:24)guest Wrote:  1--incorrect syntax for property alias tags from the server.

The aliasTags property is the first field in the Properties window. To display the Properties window, select Properties from the minim icon.
23-06-2015, 14:31
(23-06-2015 14:08)simoncn Wrote:  

The aliasTags property is the first field in the Properties window. To display the Properties window, select Properties from the minim icon.

a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated
23-06-2015, 14:34 (This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 14:35 by simoncn.)
(23-06-2015 14:31)guest Wrote:  a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated

Please can you post the current contents of the aliasTags field. Are you able to view the Properties window and see this field?
23-06-2015, 14:39
a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated

Why is it ***SO DIFFICULT** FOR YOU TO SIMPLY TELL ME WHAT THE VALUES SHOULD BE INSTEAD?
23-06-2015, 16:37
(23-06-2015 14:39)guest Wrote:  a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated

Why is it ***SO DIFFICULT** FOR YOU TO SIMPLY TELL ME WHAT THE VALUES SHOULD BE INSTEAD?

Because the values depend on what you want to achieve for YOUR tagging in YOUR music files.

For example in my installation Alias tags is BLANK !!

Others can't guess your requirements.

Dave
23-06-2015, 16:44
(23-06-2015 16:37)DaveWr Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 14:39)guest Wrote:  a good 12 **FRUSTRATING** hours trying to guess what the alias tags property was ---Many things where unsuccessful. Some idea what it should be would be apreciated

Because the values depend on what you want to achieve for YOUR tagging in YOUR music files.

For example in my installation Alias tags is BLANK !!

Others can't guess your requirements.

Dave