Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to install minimstreamer on qnap
22-06-2015, 11:43
how to install minimstreamer on qnap
hi, i have minimserver installed on my qnap ts469, but cannot see the option to add minimstreamer anywhere. i have version 0.8.3 installed and have JRE also installed but still nothing. is it possible, as i would like to transcode?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2015, 14:36
RE: how to install minimstreamer on qnap
Not in front of my PC currently so cannot give blow by blow instructions.

You need to load MinimWatch on a PC or Mac if you haven't done this already.

MinimStreamer is installed through the system tab, I think, in MinimWatch. If it's not system have a look at the other tabs and you will see one with components available for install and components installed.

MinimStreamer will show in available components to install

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Lumin & Kazoo
22-06-2015, 16:32 (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 16:32 by DavidHB.)
Peter is generally correct, except that you need the Packages tab in the Properties dialog which you access through MinimWatch. The instructions for installing MinimStreamer are under 'Package Management' in the MinimServer User Guide. AFAIK, they are the same for all platforms. Which, if any, of these instructions are not working for you?

David
22-06-2015, 17:19
ok, i have installed minimwatch and have selected minimstreamer in properties, but i dont see anything where i can enter minimstreamer? where is it?

(22-06-2015 16:32)DavidHB Wrote:  Peter is generally correct, except that you need the Packages tab in the Properties dialog which you access through MinimWatch. The instructions for installing MinimStreamer are under 'Package Management' in the MinimServer User Guide. AFAIK, they are the same for all platforms. Which, if any, of these instructions are not working for you?

David
22-06-2015, 17:37
i think I was expecting a new window/programme to be visible but obviously not.
Is there a way of just having the search/list by folder in the library view. I don't want artist/date/genre etc.
22-06-2015, 22:04
(22-06-2015 17:37)longmanjon Wrote:  i think I was expecting a new window/programme to be visible but obviously not.
Is there a way of just having the search/list by folder in the library view. I don't want artist/date/genre etc.

You can set the indexTags property to the special value 'none'.
02-09-2015, 17:25 (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 17:28 by Mihaylov.)
I installed minimserver on Qnap TS-459Pro and minimwatch on PC Windows 10. But tab Packages in minimwatch is empty. Why? How i can install minimstreamer for minimserver on my Qnap? I want to stream dsf transcoding to wav as in Asset UPnP 5.1.
And I can't set two different folders for music library on Qnap: Multimedia and Usb. Only one.
02-09-2015, 20:31
(02-09-2015 17:25)Mihaylov Wrote:  I installed minimserver on Qnap TS-459Pro and minimwatch on PC Windows 10. But tab Packages in minimwatch is empty. Why? How i can install minimstreamer for minimserver on my Qnap? I want to stream dsf transcoding to wav as in Asset UPnP 5.1.

Are you selecting "Options > Properties (watch)" or "Properties" from the MinimWatch minim icon? To install packages on the QNAP, you need "Properties".

The Packages tab should never be empty. There should always be something under "Installed packages".

Quote:And I can't set two different folders for music library on Qnap: Multimedia and Usb. Only one.

You can do this using MinimWatch. On the Server tab of the Properties window, click the + button to the right of the "contentDir" field.
04-09-2015, 10:10
Thank you Simon! But MinimWatch start with error on my PC Windows 10:

And right-click menu is shown as:

04-09-2015, 12:28
(04-09-2015 10:10)Mihaylov Wrote:  Thank you Simon! But MinimWatch start with error on my PC Windows 10:

And right-click menu is shown as:

What is the exact error message from MinimWatch?

This right-click menu with some selections greyed-out (and a grey colour for the MinimWatch system tray icon) means that MinimWatch couldn't find MinimServer.