Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track sort issue
24-06-2015, 23:40
RE: Track sort issue
(24-06-2015 17:57)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 15:07)blackorange Wrote:  I set up a new folder on NAS and put a FLAC album in it. I then pointed MinimServer to it. But still viewing the album via BubbleUPNP, the tracks inside the album still are listed alphabetically.

Also wanted to reconfirm that my library does contain FLAC files. The reason the path may show different is that my files are on my NAS and Minim is also running on the NAS. I also have a computer read the NAS as a local drive and the MP3tag program runs on the PC where it sees the NAS as a local PC driver.

Hope the alphabetical track sorting issue can be fixed.

regards

Have you also tried using Kinsky to view this test album?

If it is not working with Kinsky, I think the next step (if you don't mind) would be for you to upload the contents of your test album to my FTP server. I have tested the sort order using my FLAC albums and everything is working correctly. If you are willing to do this, I will PM you the FTP server details.

I use Linn Kazoo on my Ipad and even with that the tracks are listed alphabetically.
So I think i may need to upload an album to your ftp server. Can you please send me the details.
Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2015, 07:15
(24-06-2015 23:40)blackorange Wrote:  I use Linn Kazoo on my Ipad and even with that the tracks are listed alphabetically.
So I think i may need to upload an album to your ftp server. Can you please send me the details.
Regards

I have sent you the server details by PM.

Please confirm a few details of your setup:

1) What is the make and model of the NAS that is storing your files?

2) Are you running MinimServer on a computer or on the NAS that is storing your files?

3) If you are running MinimServer on a computer, what computer is this?
25-06-2015, 08:12
(25-06-2015 07:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 23:40)blackorange Wrote:  I use Linn Kazoo on my Ipad and even with that the tracks are listed alphabetically.
Regards

I have sent you the server details by PM.

Please confirm a few details of your setup:

1) What is the make and model of the NAS that is storing your files?

2) Are you running MinimServer on a computer or on the NAS that is storing your files?

3) If you are running MinimServer on a computer, what computer is this?

I will upload an album within a few hours.
In response to your questions:

1) The NAS is a Synology EDS14, with the Marvell Armada 370 processor
2) MinimServer is running on the NAS
3) Only one instance of Minim running on NAS

regards
25-06-2015, 19:24
(25-06-2015 08:12)blackorange Wrote:  I will upload an album within a few hours.

regards

Thanks for this. Using the files you uploaded, I have identified the cause of the problem. The MinimServer log contains a large number of warning messages like this:

Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TRACKNUMBER tag value in file Aphrodite’s Child – 666 (2014) SHM-CD FLAC Beolab1700/01. The System.flac

Because of these illegal characters, the TRACKNUMBER tags are not valid.

To fix ths problem with your tags, you can do a FLAC to FLAC conversion using dBpoweramp. This will fix the faulty tags without changing the audio data in your files.
26-06-2015, 01:13
(25-06-2015 19:24)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 08:12)blackorange Wrote:  I will upload an album within a few hours.

regards

Thanks for this. Using the files you uploaded, I have identified the cause of the problem. The MinimServer log contains a large number of warning messages like this:

Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TRACKNUMBER tag value in file Aphrodite’s Child – 666 (2014) SHM-CD FLAC Beolab1700/01. The System.flac

Because of these illegal characters, the TRACKNUMBER tags are not valid.

To fix ths problem with your tags, you can do a FLAC to FLAC conversion using dBpoweramp. This will fix the faulty tags without changing the audio data in your files.

Thanks you very much.

I will try to convert and get back to you.

Should I convert to Wav? Do you think that will be better. I have lots of HDD space so space is not an issue.
26-06-2015, 10:19
(26-06-2015 01:13)blackorange Wrote:  Thanks you very much.

I will try to convert and get back to you.

Should I convert to Wav? Do you think that will be better. I have lots of HDD space so space is not an issue.

I think it is better to stay with FLAC and use MinimStreamer transcoding to produce a WAV stream "on the fly" when playing the file. There is no standard specification for tagging WAV files and some tagging programs (such as Mp3tag) don't support WAV tagging.
06-07-2019, 09:48
Hope some can help me with my BubbleUpNp app.

Running Bubbleupnp on my phone just to get in touch with Google Music Play and stream to KEF Speakers.

Whole my playlist is show up as Trackname first.. How to change this to Artist first?
06-07-2019, 13:01
(06-07-2019 09:48)BuzzFuzz Wrote:  Hope some can help me with my BubbleUpNp app.

Running Bubbleupnp on my phone just to get in touch with Google Music Play and stream to KEF Speakers.

Whole my playlist is show up as Trackname first.. How to change this to Artist first?

Is it possible that you have misunderstood the previous posts?

They were about Minimserver providing audio data to the control point BubbleUPNP.

Minimserver is not involved in the audio data provided by Google Music Play to BubbleUPNP.

Your question would be better posted on the Bubble forum.

However, I would say that your preferred Playlist display format is most unusual, even Google Music Play displays track title/artist.

Do you have an example were the format is artist/track title?
06-07-2019, 17:41 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2019 17:42 by BuzzFuzz.)
(06-07-2019 13:01)Alandbush Wrote:  
(06-07-2019 09:48)BuzzFuzz Wrote:  Hope some can help me with my BubbleUpNp app.

Is it possible that you have misunderstood the previous posts?

They were about Minimserver providing audio data to the control point BubbleUPNP.

Minimserver is not involved in the audio data provided by Google Music Play to BubbleUPNP.

Your question would be better posted on the Bubble forum.

However, I would say that your preferred Playlist display format is most unusual, even Google Music Play displays track title/artist.

Do you have an example were the format is artist/track title?

Yes, Beatport Wink Talking about electronic music.

Ye I see, sorry for wrong section.