Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot install minimserver
17-06-2015, 07:34
cannot install minimserver
hi,

i have a synology ds212+ and am trying to install minim server on it by using may mac.

first i downloaded the correct java package. then i downloaded MinimServer-0.8.3d-linux-x64.tar. as you can see it doesn't have the .tar.gz extension. when i tried to install this file in package center with manual installation i get a message that the file extension is not correct. the same message appears when i change the extension to .tar.gz

does anyone knows what to do?

thanks a lot
sebastian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 09:18
RE: cannot install minimserver
(17-06-2015 07:34)sebassie Wrote:  hi,

i have a synology ds212+ and am trying to install minim server on it by using may mac.

first i downloaded the correct java package. then i downloaded MinimServer-0.8.3d-linux-x64.tar. as you can see it doesn't have the .tar.gz extension. when i tried to install this file in package center with manual installation i get a message that the file extension is not correct. the same message appears when i change the extension to .tar.gz

thanks a lot
sebastian

Please see the notes in this section. If you are using Safari to download this file, see Note 3.
17-06-2015, 09:36
(17-06-2015 09:18)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 07:34)sebassie Wrote:  hi,

thanks a lot
sebastian

Please see the notes in this section. If you are using Safari to download this file, see Note 3.

thanks. that's it. i hope.
i didn't uncheck the open safe files box.
also i didn't remove the minim 0.72.2 version. am i correct that i have to remove this version and in the next screen i will have the possibility to select the option to back up the config? or do i have to back up this elsewhere?
17-06-2015, 10:05
(17-06-2015 09:36)sebassie Wrote:  thanks. that's it. i hope.
also i didn't remove the minim 0.72.2 version. am i correct that i have to remove this version and in the next screen i will have the possibility to select the option to back up the config? or do i have to back up this elsewhere?

Yes, you will be prompted to backup the config when you uninstall 0.72.2. It is important to remove 0.72.2 before you install 0.8.3b.
17-06-2015, 10:32
(17-06-2015 10:05)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 09:36)sebassie Wrote:  thanks. that's it. i hope.

Yes, you will be prompted to backup the config when you uninstall 0.72.2. It is important to remove 0.72.2 before you install 0.8.3b.

done.
and another question: how do i know which 0.8.3b i have to install? i tried MinimServer-0.8.3b-x86.spk but got a message that it isn't supported. i have java se embedded 7 installed. the same happens when i try to install the ARMv7.spk version. only when i install ARMv5.spk i get a message where i am asked to accept the license. if i do so i get a message in which the box to run is checked. if i continue a message appears that says that java is not installed or properly configured...
17-06-2015, 20:19
yes. it's working!

the only thing i have to find out now is how to transcode to wav24. i already installed the minimstreamer 0.5.12. can anyone tell what to fill in instead of ffmpeg?
18-06-2015, 04:56
everything is working properly now. thanks a lot, simon.