Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Rescan Had Red Trey Icon
13-06-2015, 20:12
On Rescan Had Red Trey Icon
I added a new DSD file to my Synology and when I did a rescan the tray icon turned red, could not read the message in time but will not open now. I have other DSD files running ok never an issue, btw it plays from Roon but transcodes becuz using AirPlay/A Express to my PSA DS DAC. It is a downloaded 64 fs file. Also will not play from mconnect, which says its DSF 352.8, over LAN to my DS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 20:37
RE: On Rescan Had Red Trey Icon
(13-06-2015 20:12)rogerdn Wrote:  I added a new DSD file to my Synology and when I did a rescan the tray icon turned red, could not read the message in time but will not open now. I have other DSD files running ok never an issue, btw it plays from Roon but transcodes becuz using AirPlay/A Express to my PSA DS DAC. It is a downloaded 64 fs file. Also will not play from mconnect, which says its DSF 352.8, over LAN to my DS.

You can see the error message either by hovering the mouse pointer over the red icon or by right-clicking the red icon and selecting 'Show log'. Please post the exact error message here.
14-06-2015, 02:58
(13-06-2015 20:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 20:12)rogerdn Wrote:  I added a new DSD file to my Synology and when I did a rescan the tray icon turned red, could not read the message in time but will not open now. I have other DSD files running ok never an issue, btw it plays from Roon but transcodes becuz using AirPlay/A Express to my PSA DS DAC. It is a downloaded 64 fs file. Also will not play from mconnect, which says its DSF 352.8, over LAN to my DS.

You can see the error message either by hovering the mouse pointer over the red icon or by right-clicking the red icon and selecting 'Show log'. Please post the exact error message here.

Well i did a pc reboot and everything good now, playing file just fine. Do you know why the mconnect/Synology server says its a 352.8 dsf 8 bit file, on minimserver it's WAV 176/24 ? Thks
14-06-2015, 09:19
(14-06-2015 02:58)rogerdn Wrote:  Well i did a pc reboot and everything good now, playing file just fine. Do you know why the mconnect/Synology server says its a 352.8 dsf 8 bit file, on minimserver it's WAV 176/24 ? Thks

If you have dsf:dopwav in the MinimServer stream.transcode property, MinimServer will transcode the DSF file to a 176/24 WAV file in DoP format (DSD over PCM). This format is required by some renderers and DACs.