Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MinimStreamer with Sneaky DS
07-06-2015, 16:46
Using MinimStreamer with Sneaky DS
Hi and many thanks once more.
I have lost the plot a bit getting minimstreamer to work with my Linn DS players.
I have Minimserver running on Qnap NAS and followed minimstreamer installation instructions as per website.
Using BubbleDS on phone as control I can see the BBC radio programmes in the library and move them to device playlist but they do not play. My question is should the streams play on Sneaky DS "raw" or must I transcode?

I know this is a somewhat academic exercise but wanted to get minimstreamer working on this setup even though Sneaky DS offers radio channels (which work) before trying on another renderer. Grateful for any assistance when you have time.
Regards,
Budgie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 18:03 (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 18:04 by simoncn.)
RE: Using MinimStreamer with Sneaky DS
(07-06-2015 16:46)Budgie Wrote:  Hi and many thanks once more.
I have lost the plot a bit getting minimstreamer to work with my Linn DS players.
I have Minimserver running on Qnap NAS and followed minimstreamer installation instructions as per website.
Using BubbleDS on phone as control I can see the BBC radio programmes in the library and move them to device playlist but they do not play. My question is should the streams play on Sneaky DS "raw" or must I transcode?

I know this is a somewhat academic exercise but wanted to get minimstreamer working on this setup even though Sneaky DS offers radio channels (which work) before trying on another renderer. Grateful for any assistance when you have time.
Regards,
Budgie

Which MinimStreamer installation instructions did you follow? The instructions you need are on this page. You don't need to use any transcoding options to play the streams on a Sneaky DS.
07-06-2015, 20:12 (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 20:20 by Budgie.)
RE: Using MinimStreamer with Sneaky DS
(07-06-2015 18:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 16:46)Budgie Wrote:  Hi and many thanks once more.

Regards,
Budgie

Which MinimStreamer installation instructions did you follow? The instructions you need are on this page. You don't need to use any transcoding options to play the streams on a Sneaky DS.
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the reply. That is the instruction set I used and I didn't set any transcoding as I assumed the Linn DS, now fixed, could play the latest BBC streams. Will re-do and report.

PS Edit. Working now. Must have made an error. Many thanks.
Budgie