Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A query on UPnP component interaction...
05-06-2015, 00:27
A query on UPnP component interaction...
Just a curiosity here wondering why something happens the way it does.

My system is as follows...
Minimserver running on Vortexbox / Fedora 20 then BubbleUPnP server to create virtual OpenHome servers for a Marantz M-CR510 and Naim UnitiQute.

If I use Lumin app to choose music, add an album to a new playlist and start playing, on both devices as the album plays through the display on the device shows the correct track name and artist for the playing track; yet if I choose the same album with Kazoo the display shows the first track title but that doesn't change even though the album is played through.

I'm just curious and understanding the mechanisms at work as both methods seam to be playing the album in the same way - the BubbleUPnP server instructing the UPnP device what to play. The only difference is in the app which has created the playlist.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 12:21
RE: A query on UPnP component interaction...
(05-06-2015 00:27)audio_elf Wrote:  Just a curiosity here wondering why something happens the way it does.

My system is as follows...
Minimserver running on Vortexbox / Fedora 20 then BubbleUPnP server to create virtual OpenHome servers for a Marantz M-CR510 and Naim UnitiQute.

If I use Lumin app to choose music, add an album to a new playlist and start playing, on both devices as the album plays through the display on the device shows the correct track name and artist for the playing track; yet if I choose the same album with Kazoo the display shows the first track title but that doesn't change even though the album is played through.

I'm just curious and understanding the mechanisms at work as both methods seam to be playing the album in the same way - the BubbleUPnP server instructing the UPnP device what to play. The only difference is in the app which has created the playlist.

The renderer (BubbleUPnP Server) should notify the control point (LUMIN app or Kazoo) when the track changes. It sounds like Kazoo is not receiving this notification for some reason.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply