Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combining tags to display as one, by aliasing?
03-06-2015, 08:30
Combining tags to display as one, by aliasing?
Can you somehow combine two tags, that won't be sent downstream in themselves, into one that actually will be sent to the control point?

Sorry for being a newbie...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2015, 09:19
RE: Combining tags to display as one, by aliasing?
(03-06-2015 08:30)n3mmr Wrote:  Can you somehow combine two tags, that won't be sent downstream in themselves, into one that actually will be sent to the control point?

You can do this by using tag formatting. See this section.
03-06-2015, 09:58
(03-06-2015 09:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:30)n3mmr Wrote:  Can you somehow combine two tags, that won't be sent downstream in themselves, into one that actually will be sent to the control point?

Thanks.

This is then the general mechanism for sending nonstandard tags downstream??
03-06-2015, 10:24
(03-06-2015 09:58)n3mmr Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 09:19)simoncn Wrote:  

Thanks.

I tried adding a second Title to my A Sussex Overture, containing a link to http://www.allmusic.com/composition/mc0002355052
And this shows up in BubbleUPNP's Show Metadata (tap on album artwork in my case, in some menu, no doubt)

I see a Desc. field, populated by COMMENT's contents. I suppose musicological catalog data could be put behind a link in a COMMENT tag... As can album data. Maybe from a local catalog database.

Maximum Goodness! Congrats on having designed the single most important and useful addition to my music listening environment, so far.
Thanks!
03-06-2015, 14:05
(03-06-2015 09:58)n3mmr Wrote:  Thanks.

You could use it for that purpose, subject to the limitations of the UPnP protocol.
03-06-2015, 14:19
(03-06-2015 10:24)n3mmr Wrote:  I tried adding a second Title to my A Sussex Overture, containing a link to http://www.allmusic.com/composition/mc0002355052
And this shows up in BubbleUPNP's Show Metadata (tap on album artwork in my case, in some menu, no doubt)

I would expect the second TITLE tag value to be concatenated as part of the track title. This is what hapens when I add a second TITLE tag.
10-06-2015, 06:14
(03-06-2015 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 10:24)n3mmr Wrote:  I tried adding a second Title to my A Sussex Overture, containing a link to http://www.allmusic.com/composition/mc0002355052

I would expect the second TITLE tag value to be concatenated as part of the track title. This is what hapens when I add a second TITLE tag.
Precisely! And nice of bubbleupnp to handle the link properly.
10-06-2015, 13:20
(10-06-2015 06:14)n3mmr Wrote:  Precisely! And nice of bubbleupnp to handle the link properly.

A disadvantage of this approach is that the link shows in the regular title field, not just in the Show Metadata pop-up. If you put the link in COMMENT instead, it would only appear in Show Metadata. Does BubbleUPnP handle the link correctly in this case?
15-06-2015, 19:15
Could you please describe the steps to make a COMMENT tag visible under "Desc." in "Show Metadata" of BubbleUPnp.
I took an album, wrote a COMMENT tag to the first song, added "Comment" to itemTags in minimserver Properties and rescanned.
But still no desc. in " Show Metadata" when I play the tagged song.

What have i done wrong?
What tags can be made visible in "Show Metadata" in addition to the standard tags like Title, Album, Artist, Composer, Year and Genre?
15-06-2015, 21:54
(15-06-2015 19:15)marcaurel Wrote:  Could you please describe the steps to make a COMMENT tag visible under "Desc." in "Show Metadata" of BubbleUPnp.
I took an album, wrote a COMMENT tag to the first song, added "Comment" to itemTags in minimserver Properties and rescanned.
But still no desc. in " Show Metadata" when I play the tagged song.

What have i done wrong?

You might also need to refresh BubbleUPnP's view of the MinimServer library. You can do this by changing the selected server in BubbleUPnP or by initiating a MinimServer rescan from BubbleUPnP instead of from MinimWatch.

If this doesn't work, there might be a tagging problem with the file you have changed. What is the format of this file (e.g., FLAC, MP3) and which tagging program did you use to add the COMMENT tag?

Quote:What tags can be made visible in "Show Metadata" in addition to the standard tags like Title, Album, Artist, Composer, Year and Genre?

You would need to ask the author of BubbleUPnP about this.