Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating the library
01-06-2015, 22:55
Updating the library
I store my music files in a folder called Music which is inside the Multimedia folder. When I add new albums as folders within my Music folder, the library available in my player, an Auralic Aries, is not always updated, so I can't select the music to play. How can I get the library to update? Please pardon Windows terminology.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 23:23
RE: Updating the library
(01-06-2015 22:55)vforrest Wrote:  I store my music files in a folder called Music which is inside the Multimedia folder. When I add new albums as folders within my Music folder, the library available in my player, an Auralic Aries, is not always updated, so I can't select the music to play. How can I get the library to update? Please pardon Windows terminology.

From your reference to Multimedia, I presume you are running MinimServer on a QNAP NAS.

To make new music visible in the library, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer (PC or Mac) and select Rescan from the minim icon. Alternatively, you can launch the MinimServer status web page in a browser by clicking Open from the MinimServer icon in the QNAP App Center, and then click the Rescan button on the status web page.
02-06-2015, 04:10
(01-06-2015 23:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 22:55)vforrest Wrote:  I store my music files in a folder called Music which is inside the Multimedia folder. When I add new albums as folders within my Music folder, the library available in my player, an Auralic Aries, is not always updated, so I can't select the music to play. How can I get the library to update? Please pardon Windows terminology.

From your reference to Multimedia, I presume you are running MinimServer on a QNAP NAS.

To make new music visible in the library, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer (PC or Mac) and select Rescan from the minim icon. Alternatively, you can launch the MinimServer status web page in a browser by clicking Open from the MinimServer icon in the QNAP App Center, and then click the Rescan button on the status web page.
02-06-2015, 04:14
Right, I use a QNAP NAS.

I loaded MinimWatch onto a networked computer and ran its Rescan command. That did indeed update the library listing to show my most recent additions. Thanks for your help.

Vade Forrester
30-07-2015, 18:28
Hello, very good server indeed. Is there a possibility to automate the rescan?
30-07-2015, 22:26
(30-07-2015 18:28)nico13 Wrote:  Hello, very good server indeed. Is there a possibility to automate the rescan?

I am hoping to add support for this in a future release. There are some difficult technical isssues to solve and I don't have any estimated time for when this might be available.
09-09-2015, 15:41
(30-07-2015 22:26)simoncn Wrote:  I am hoping to add support for this in a future release. There are some difficult technical isssues to solve and I don't have any estimated time for when this might be available.

Whenever I update the library, I run a batch job to copy the relevant files into place. Is there a batch command I can put in the end of this script which will invoke a rescan?

Really liking this server.
Marmite

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W10>Upplay / W10>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
09-09-2015, 19:23
(09-09-2015 15:41)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  Whenever I update the library, I run a batch job to copy the relevant files into place. Is there a batch command I can put in the end of this script which will invoke a rescan?

Marmite

Which platform are you using to run MinimServer?
09-09-2015, 19:32
(09-09-2015 19:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 15:41)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  Whenever I update the library, I run a batch job to copy the relevant files into place. Is there a batch command I can put in the end of this script which will invoke a rescan?

Marmite

Which platform are you using to run MinimServer?

W10

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W10>Upplay / W10>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
09-09-2015, 21:01
(09-09-2015 19:32)MarmiteSandwich Wrote:  W10

There should be a scripting solution for Windows fairly soon. I will keep you posted.