Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with installing "Java SE for Embedded"
18-04-2015, 02:41
Trouble with installing "Java SE for Embedded"
Hi --I have a Synology DS 413J server and am trying to follow the procedure for ARM v5. I downloaded the code that seemed close to the names ending in tar.gz. There were no exact matches with the one mentioned in the tutorial. There were actually 2 that had linux and armv5 in the names and I tried them both.

The tutorial says to put tar.gz file unpacked in the shared public folder. There are 6 of these on my NAS. I copied them to all, unextracted. When I try to install the Java SE embedded v 8 I wind up with the error message that the "Java Binary bundle not found. tially cover the legal aspect because files hosted on Oracle's server are protected by a session cookie requiring a Javascript enabled browser." It looks like a typo with tially but that's what it says.

I'm using Chrome. I made sure the files were renamed with tar.gz as the instructions say. I'm stumped. Any guidance will be gratefully appreciated. -- David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2015, 23:09
RE: Trouble with installing "Java SE for Embedded"
(18-04-2015 02:41)DavidZ Wrote:  Hi --I have a Synology DS 413J server and am trying to follow the procedure for ARM v5. I downloaded the code that seemed close to the names ending in tar.gz. There were no exact matches with the one mentioned in the tutorial. There were actually 2 that had linux and armv5 in the names and I tried them both.

The tutorial says to put tar.gz file unpacked in the shared public folder. There are 6 of these on my NAS. I copied them to all, unextracted. When I try to install the Java SE embedded v 8 I wind up with the error message that the "Java Binary bundle not found. tially cover the legal aspect because files hosted on Oracle's server are protected by a session cookie requiring a Javascript enabled browser." It looks like a typo with tially but that's what it says.

I'm using Chrome. I made sure the files were renamed with tar.gz as the instructions say. I'm stumped. Any guidance will be gratefully appreciated. -- David

What was the exact filename that the tutorial told you to download and what were the exact actual filenames that you downloaded?
19-04-2015, 00:39
(18-04-2015 23:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-04-2015 02:41)DavidZ Wrote:  Hi --I have a Synology DS 413J server and am trying to follow the procedure for ARM v5. I downloaded the code that seemed close to the names ending in tar.gz. There were no exact matches with the one mentioned in the tutorial. There were actually 2 that had linux and armv5 in the names and I tried them both.

What was the exact filename that the tutorial told you to download and what were the exact actual filenames that you downloaded?

Simon

ejdk-8u33-fcs-linux-arm-sflt.tar.gz is 1 of the 2 on the Oracle site for ARmv5
ejre-7u75-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-18_dec_2014.tar.gz is the other one I tried.

ejdk-8u6-fcs-b23-linux-arm-sflt-12_jun_2014.tar.gz is the one specified for armv5 in the tutorial.

As I noted in my first post, the tutorial mentions putting these, unpacked, in a "shared public folder". But the top-level shared folder is labeled "Diskstation," and I haven't found a way to put anything other than folders in it. I have 6 such shared public folders. I don't know if that is relevant to this issuer, but it is a puzzler to me. Thanks. Really appreciate your help. -- David
19-04-2015, 16:16
(19-04-2015 00:39)DavidZ Wrote:  Simon

ejre-7u75-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-18_dec_2014.tar.gz is the other one I tried.

ejdk-8u6-fcs-b23-linux-arm-sflt-12_jun_2014.tar.gz is the one specified for armv5 in the tutorial.

As I noted in my first post, the tutorial mentions putting these, unpacked, in a "shared public folder". But the top-level shared folder is labeled "Diskstation," and I haven't found a way to put anything other than folders in it. I have 6 such shared public folders. I don't know if that is relevant to this issuer, but it is a puzzler to me. Thanks. Really appreciate your help. -- David

The shared folder needs to be named 'public'. If you don't already have a shared folder with this name, you need to create one.

The filename in the tutorial is no longer correct. You should be using either ejdk-8u33-fcs-linux-arm-sflt.tar.gz or ejre-7u75-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-18_dec_2014.tar.gz.
19-04-2015, 17:48
(19-04-2015 16:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 00:39)DavidZ Wrote:  Simon

The shared folder needs to be named 'public'. If you don't already have a shared folder with this name, you need to create one.

The filename in the tutorial is no longer correct. You should be using either ejdk-8u33-fcs-linux-arm-sflt.tar.gz or ejre-7u75-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-18_dec_2014.tar.gz.
Thanks Simon! Just to confirm: the tar.gz files stay zipped?
19-04-2015, 18:03
(19-04-2015 17:48)DavidZ Wrote:  Thanks Simon! Just to confirm: the tar.gz files stay zipped?

Yes.
19-04-2015, 23:22
(19-04-2015 18:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 17:48)DavidZ Wrote:  Thanks Simon! Just to confirm: the tar.gz files stay zipped?

Yes.

Simon --- Moving those files to a "public" folder did the trick! Thanks so much for your help. I might not have the opportunity to run minimserver til next week, but at least I've cleared that hurdle. Thanks. -- David