Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contentdir in Linux for NAS?
26-05-2016, 03:31
Contentdir in Linux for NAS?
Hello, I am a bit of a noob to Linux but I am trying to get Minimserver working on Lubuntu. Though I got everything working I have a question on what to enter for contentdir when I want it to point to a folder on my NAS. No matter what I tired I could not get it to work. In the end I had to first permanently map my NAS music folder to a folder on my pc. Then in Minimserver I could point the library to this local folder. What I would prefer to so is just enter the absolute network path i.e. \\nas\music

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 08:44
RE: Contentdir in Linux for NAS?
(26-05-2016 03:31)tboooe Wrote:  Hello, I am a bit of a noob to Linux but I am trying to get Minimserver working on Lubuntu. Though I got everything working I have a question on what to enter for contentdir when I want it to point to a folder on my NAS. No matter what I tired I could not get it to work. In the end I had to first permanently map my NAS music folder to a folder on my pc. Then in Minimserver I could point the library to this local folder. What I would prefer to so is just enter the absolute network path i.e. \\nas\music

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The path \\nas\music is a Windows path, not a Linux path. Is your PC running Windows or Linux? How did you map the folder and what value are you using for contentDiir at present?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply