Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ingrate writes....
19-04-2015, 02:20 (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 02:26 by Julian Hughes.)
An ingrate writes....
Hi Simon!

I am a true user in every sense...OK also one time/small time contributor. I am in begging mode - does it show?

Beggar's demand: inotify support? Please? Ah go on. Go on, go on, go on. Ah go on.

Go on so you should.

My Minimserver instance (used exclusively for my Lossless library) looks enviously upon its lesser companion, minidlna (used for video and podcasts and get_iplayer downloads). The object of its green eyed malice? inotify support.

Ah go on.

Don't take it lying down.

Go on.

p.s. I am enormously impressed by your use of Rachel Podger's Bach recordings to illustrate Minimserver's features. I think the Double Violin Concerto performed with Andrew Manze & The Academy of Ancient Music is the pinnacle of recordings of baroque violin.

OK, that's enough sucking up now. How about it?

Ah go on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 21:34
RE: An ingrate writes....
(19-04-2015 02:20)Julian Hughes Wrote:  My Minimserver instance (used exclusively for my Lossless library) looks enviously upon its lesser companion, minidlna (used for video and podcasts and get_iplayer downloads). The object of its green eyed malice? inotify support.

As discussed in many other threads, I am hoping to support this in a future release. There are some difficult technical challenges to overcome before this can happen.

Quote:p.s. I am enormously impressed by your use of Rachel Podger's Bach recordings to illustrate Minimserver's features. I think the Double Violin Concerto performed with Andrew Manze & The Academy of Ancient Music is the pinnacle of recordings of baroque violin.

I have a sample track from her recording of BWV 1043 performed by Brecon Baroque. I will investigate this other recording.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply