Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tagFormat query
15-04-2015, 22:33
tagFormat query
A quick query...

In tagFormat I have Artist.displayFormat={$orchestra$conductor$artist^^^ | }

Now in many cases I have the Artist set the same as the Orchestra so I end up with (for example) "BBC Symphony Orchestra | Andrew Davis | BBC Symphony Orchestra"

Reading the User Guide it says...
"For each format item, MinimServer looks for all the tags in the tag list and combines the tag values into a single string with any duplicates removed. The tag values are separated by the separator, and the string of tag values is preceded by the prefix and followed by the suffix. If the string of tag values is empty, the prefix and suffix aren't used."

Am I understanding it wrongly when I think it should discard the second BBC Symphony Orchestra (which would be the artist tag) - I was hoping I would get "BBC Symphony Orchestra | Andrew Davis"?

Eloise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 23:05
RE: tagFormat query
As a second query ... is it possible to have "items" sorted by the "titlesort" tag where it exists?

I've tried title.value.sort={TitleSort} (in tagValue) and also items.value.sort={TitleSort} but the first doesn't appear to affect the sort order and the latter gives an error.
16-04-2015, 10:41 (This post was last modified: 16-04-2015 10:44 by simoncn.)
(15-04-2015 22:33)audio_elf Wrote:  A quick query...

In tagFormat I have Artist.displayFormat={$orchestra$conductor$artist^^^ | }

Now in many cases I have the Artist set the same as the Orchestra so I end up with (for example) "BBC Symphony Orchestra | Andrew Davis | BBC Symphony Orchestra"

Reading the User Guide it says...
"For each format item, MinimServer looks for all the tags in the tag list and combines the tag values into a single string with any duplicates removed. The tag values are separated by the separator, and the string of tag values is preceded by the prefix and followed by the suffix. If the string of tag values is empty, the prefix and suffix aren't used."

Am I understanding it wrongly when I think it should discard the second BBC Symphony Orchestra (which would be the artist tag) - I was hoping I would get "BBC Symphony Orchestra | Andrew Davis"?

Eloise

Thanks for letting me know about this. The duplicate elimination algorithm isn't working correctly if one of the duplicate values has a tagOptions setting such as Artist.ignore.sort={The} or the value has been customised in some other way. I will fix this in the next update.
16-04-2015, 10:51
(15-04-2015 23:05)audio_elf Wrote:  As a second query ... is it possible to have "items" sorted by the "titlesort" tag where it exists?

I've tried title.value.sort={TitleSort} (in tagValue) and also items.value.sort={TitleSort} but the first doesn't appear to affect the sort order and the latter gives an error.

This is working for me using title.value.sort={TitleSort}. Do you have any other property settings (or control point settings) that might be overriding this setting?
16-04-2015, 14:15
Thanks Simon.

Will check the later query - probably something I'm doing wrong.