Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer going offline
11-02-2016, 22:59
RE: MinimServer going offline
(11-02-2016 21:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I think I found the crash log.

The error in the crash log is probably caused by MinimServer having been closed by doing an Exit while it was in the process of exchanging information with MinimWatch. It is not really a "crash" and should probably not produce a crash log.

If your wireless access points are used to connect your switches to the router and if the PC that is running MinimServer is connected to your router via a wireless link, I suspect this is related to the problem. Can you connect the PC to the router directly by an Ethernet cable to see if this helps?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 23:07
(11-02-2016 22:59)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 21:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I think I found the crash log.

The error in the crash log is probably caused by MinimServer having been closed by doing an Exit while it was in the process of exchanging information with MinimWatch. It is not really a "crash" and should probably not produce a crash log.

If your wireless access points are used to connect your switches to the router and if the PC that is running MinimServer is connected to your router via a wireless link, I suspect this is related to the problem. Can you connect the PC to the router directly by an Ethernet cable to see if this helps?

Hi Simon,

My PC is connected by Ethernet cable via the Netgear 5 port switch.
Wireless is only used for tablets and mobile phones.
11-02-2016, 23:41
(11-02-2016 23:07)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Is there a setting on the switch to enable or disable IGMP snooping?

The other possibilities are an issue with the network adapter or driver in your PC or some problem with the router firmware.

You might find that disabling and enabling the network adapter in your PC solves the problem. I have a laptop that requires this from time to time.
12-02-2016, 18:36
(11-02-2016 23:41)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 23:07)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Is there a setting on the switch to enable or disable IGMP snooping?

The other possibilities are an issue with the network adapter or driver in your PC or some problem with the router firmware.

You might find that disabling and enabling the network adapter in your PC solves the problem. I have a laptop that requires this from time to time.
The Netgear proSAFE GS105 is a unmanaged switch.
I will try disabling and enabling the network adapter in my PC .
Strange thing is, this problem occurs time to time and without doing anything it might stay away for more than a month.
Never have problems with my NAS though.
12-02-2016, 21:21
(12-02-2016 18:36)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The Netgear proSAFE GS105 is a unmanaged switch.
Strange thing is, this problem occurs time to time and without doing anything it might stay away for more than a month.

The lack of problems with the NAS points to a possible problem with the PC (assumng that these are both connected to the network in the same way). My Windows laptop also goes though phases of behaving and misbehaving.

Do you ever put the PC into sleep mode? I have found that this can sometimes trigger this problem.
13-02-2016, 14:14
(12-02-2016 21:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 18:36)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The Netgear proSAFE GS105 is a unmanaged switch.

The lack of problems with the NAS points to a possible problem with the PC (assumng that these are both connected to the network in the same way). My Windows laptop also goes though phases of behaving and misbehaving.

Do you ever put the PC into sleep mode? I have found that this can sometimes trigger this problem.
The NAS is directly connected to the router, the PC via the switch.
Sleep mode is disabled,when the PC is not in use I switch it off.
13-02-2016, 17:50
(13-02-2016 14:14)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The NAS is directly connected to the router, the PC via the switch.

Can you try connecting the PC to the router directly, via a long cable if necessary, as a test to see if this solves the problem?
13-02-2016, 19:02
(13-02-2016 17:50)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 14:14)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The NAS is directly connected to the router, the PC via the switch.

Can you try connecting the PC to the router directly, via a long cable if necessary, as a test to see if this solves the problem?
At this moment the switch is not in use so I can connect my PC to the router
directly.
Is the switch involved when using XBMC installed on the same PC?
If this problem occurs MinimServer can't be found at all.
I am pretty shure it's a MinimServer/PC problem. XBMC can be used even without being connected to my network, I did some tests awhile ago (for the same Thread).
13-02-2016, 21:06
(13-02-2016 19:02)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  At this moment the switch is not in use so I can connect my PC to the router
directly.
Is the switch involved when using XBMC installed on the same PC?
If this problem occurs MinimServer can't be found at all.
I am pretty shure it's a MinimServer/PC problem. XBMC can be used even without being connected to my network, I did some tests awhile ago (for the same Thread).

The switch might be involved when XBMC is connecting to MinimServer and both XBMC and MinimServer are running on the same PC. This is because MinimServer is sendng multicast "alive" messages on the loopback adapter for the PC (127.0.0.1) and also on the normal network IP address for the PC. Depending on which of these addresses XBMC is using to access MinimServer, the switch might or might not be involved.