Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer going offline
19-04-2015, 20:39
RE: MinimServer going offline
(19-04-2015 16:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 00:38)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The minim icon was responsive.
I noticed Minim went offline using the Luminapp.
XBMC which is installed on the same PC did not respond at all, showing a endless loading.
In less than minute Minim was online again.
In fact this was the first time today it went offline longer than it took to run upstairs! It went offline several times today for a period of a few seconds.

From your earlier posts, I hadn't realised that the problem is resolving itself after a short time. This suggests the problem is caused by a temporary network connectivity issue.

Quote:There is some difference in behaviour when going offline though.
When I started this thread XBMX could not find MinimServer [PETER-PC]
and the icon did not turn green during rescan,this time it found Minim but didn't load its contents.

Peter.

How exactly are you doing this rescan? If MinimServer is working but the network has a connectivity problem, I would expect a rescan from the minim icon on the same Windows machine to work OK unless you are using the network to access your music files.

XBMC and MinimServer are installed on the same PC.
The music files that where unable to load are on disc E on this PC
No problems with Minim on my NAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 21:23
(19-04-2015 20:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  XBMC and MinimServer are installed on the same PC.

How exactly are you doing this rescan that isn't working? Are you doing it from the MinimServer minim icon or is this something within XBMC? Even though XBMC and MinimServer are running on the same machine, they are using network services to communicate with each other.
19-04-2015, 21:46 (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 21:47 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(19-04-2015 21:23)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 20:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  XBMC and MinimServer are installed on the same PC.

How exactly are you doing this rescan that isn't working? Are you doing it from the MinimServer minim icon or is this something within XBMC? Even though XBMC and MinimServer are running on the same machine, they are using network services to communicate with each other.
The event belonging to the jstack 3200 file I did a rescan (right click Minim icon>rescan) to test if rescan behaviour was the same like behaviour mentioned in the initial thread (icon not turning yellow during rescan).
Rescan behaviour was normal during this "offline period".
I could not get acces to the music files using XBMC and while using Lumin (Volumia/Raspberry pi) I get the message MinimServer PETER-PC offline
19-04-2015, 21:56
(19-04-2015 21:46)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The event belonging to the jstack 3200 file I did a rescan (right click Minim icon>rescan) to test if rescan behaviour was the same like behaviour mentioned in the initial thread (icon not turning yellow during rescan).
I could not get acces to the music files using XBMC and while using Lumin (Volumia/Raspberry pi) I get the message MinimServer PETER-PC offline

This means there is a network communication issue with multicast messages. It might be related to how your network is configured to handle IGMP snooping.
19-04-2015, 22:20
(19-04-2015 21:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 21:46)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The event belonging to the jstack 3200 file I did a rescan (right click Minim icon>rescan) to test if rescan behaviour was the same like behaviour mentioned in the initial thread (icon not turning yellow during rescan).

This means there is a network communication issue with multicast messages. It might be related to how your network is configured to handle IGMP snooping.
Can this problem be caused by using a switch (TP-link TL-SG105) between my router (ASUS RT-N66U) and my PC?
What about the initial thread (Minim offline, XBMC not finding Minim,problems with rescan, icon not turning yellow)?

Peter.
19-04-2015, 22:53
(19-04-2015 22:20)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Can this problem be caused by using a switch (TP-link TL-SG105) between my router (ASUS RT-N66U) and my PC?

Using a switch shouldn't cause any problems. Does your router have a setting to enable or disable multicast or IGMP snooping? Is anything else happening just before the problem occurs (such as the PC coming out of standby)? Are all your connections between router, switch and PC via Ethernet cables or are there any mains wiring adapters involved?

Quote:What about the initial thread (Minim offline, XBMC not finding Minim,problems with rescan, icon not turning yellow)?

Peter.

All these symptoms are consistent with a network problem except for the rescan (presumably from the same PC) not turning the icon yellow. It appears that the rescan problem is not reproducible so it can't be debugged further at the moment.
20-04-2015, 11:30
(19-04-2015 22:53)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2015 22:20)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Can this problem be caused by using a switch (TP-link TL-SG105) between my router (ASUS RT-N66U) and my PC?

Using a switch shouldn't cause any problems. Does your router have a setting to enable or disable multicast or IGMP snooping? Is anything else happening just before the problem occurs (such as the PC coming out of standby)? Are all your connections between router, switch and PC via Ethernet cables or are there any mains wiring adapters involved?
My router has a setting for IGMP snooping, at this moment it is disabled    
Nothing to my knowledge is happening before the problem occurs.
All connections are via Cat 6 Ethernet cables, no other adapters involved.
WiFi is achieved by using 3 Unifi long-range 2.4GHz access points (using Zero-Handoff Roaming setting) Wireless Radio by router is disabled.
I have been using this router for 2 years now,the only setting being changed: disable WiFi.
The access point are in use for about 5 months.
Strangely the offline problems now occurring I can only relate to the extra switch I use, playing around with some Raspberry Pi's (Volumio,RuneAudio,XBMC,Lumin, etc.)

Quote:What about the initial thread (Minim offline, XBMC not finding Minim,problems with rescan, icon not turning yellow)?

Peter.

All these symptoms are consistent with a network problem except for the rescan (presumably from the same PC) not turning the icon yellow. It appears that the rescan problem is not reproducible so it can't be debugged further at the moment.
[/quote]
21-04-2015, 11:41 (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 21:39 by simoncn.)
(20-04-2015 11:30)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  My router has a setting for IGMP snooping, at this moment it is disabled
WiFi is achieved by using 3 Unifi long-range 2.4GHz access points (using Zero-Handoff Roaming setting) Wireless Radio by router is disabled.
I have been using this router for 2 years now,the only setting being changed: disable WiFi.
Strangely the offline problems now occurring I can only relate to the extra switch I use, playing around with some Raspberry Pi's (Volumio,RuneAudio,XBMC,Lumin, etc.)

Your router IGMP settings are correct and from your description there isn't anything else in your network that might be causing the problem. Can you try replacing the TP-LINK switch by a different type such as NETGEAR? I have a NETGEAR switch and it has never caused me any problems.
21-04-2015, 12:23 (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 12:24 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(21-04-2015 11:41)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 11:30)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  My router has a setting for IGMP snooping, at this moment it is disabled

You router IGMP settings are correct and from your description there isn't anything else in your network that might be causing the problem. Can you try replacing the TP-LINK switch by a different type such as NETGEAR? I have a NETGEAR switch and it has never caused me any problems.
The TP-link switch supports IGMP snooping http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/?model=TL-SG105.
If I understand correctly IMGP snooping must be disabled in router settings, so if a switch is added which automatically supports IGMP snooping this might as well be the cause of the problem?
I will leave the switch out for a while and see if the problem stops occurring.

Peter.
21-04-2015, 20:39
(21-04-2015 12:23)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The TP-link switch supports IGMP snooping http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/?model=TL-SG105.
If I understand correctly IMGP snooping must be disabled in router settings, so if a switch is added which automatically supports IGMP snooping this might as well be the cause of the problem?
I will leave the switch out for a while and see if the problem stops occurring.

Peter.

It looks like this switch doesn't allow IGMP snooping to be disabled. This is likely to be the reason for the problem.