Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer going offline
13-12-2015, 19:54 (This post was last modified: 13-12-2015 19:57 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimServer going offline
(13-12-2015 18:31)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I am sorry I was not very clear about this.
The answer is :no.
I occasional have problems connecting with "Peter PC" (using controlpoint and streamer in my living room) and never problems connecting with my NAS.
Since I noticed that XBMC also has also problems with finding files on the local (Peter PC), even without being connected to my network, I concluded (this might be wrong ,I am not the expert!!) that something might be out of tune on this local PC and noting is wrong with my network.
When I am having problems finding "Peter PC" in the living room, XBMC at the same time is having problems loading files from this local PC.
The NAS is accessible without issues on both PC (XBMC) as controlpoint at the same time.

Peter.

Thanks for explaining this.

Loading files is handled differently than finding files. Loading files uses HTTP requests to port 9790 and finding files uses TCP requests to port 9791.

There might be something on Peter PC that is blocking access to port 9790. Perhaps you have some other software running that is causing a conflict or blockage on this port. Are you running antivirus software on this machine?

It would be worth exiting MinimWatch when this happens to see if this makes any difference.

You could also try connecting to the MinimServer status web page using a web browser while the problem is happening. To do this, type http://x.x.x.x:9790 from the browser address bar, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of Peter PC. If this works, it means that port 9790 is accepting HTTP requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2015, 22:06
(13-12-2015 19:54)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-12-2015 18:31)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I am sorry I was not very clear about this.
I occasional have problems connecting with "Peter PC" (using controlpoint and streamer in my living room) and never problems connecting with my NAS.
Since I noticed that XBMC also has also problems with finding files on the local (Peter PC), even without being connected to my network, I concluded (this might be wrong ,I am not the expert!!) that something might be out of tune on this local PC and noting is wrong with my network.
When I am having problems finding "Peter PC" in the living room, XBMC at the same time is having problems loading files from this local PC.
The NAS is accessible without issues on both PC (XBMC) as controlpoint at the same time.

Peter.

Loading files is handled differently than finding files. Loading files uses HTTP requests to port 9790 and finding files uses TCP requests to port 9791.

There might be something on Peter PC that is blocking access to port 9790. Perhaps you have some other software running that is causing a conflict or blockage on this port. Are you running antivirus software on this machine?

It would be worth exiting MinimWatch when this happens to see if this makes any difference.

You could also try connecting to the MinimServer status web page using a web browser while the problem is happening. To do this, type http://x.x.x.x:9790 from the browser address bar, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of Peter PC. If this works, it means that port 9790 is accepting HTTP requests.
Antivirus software installed is ESET Smart Security 8 version 8.0.319.1
I have been using this program for about 2 years now.
Latest software installed is Office 365 ProPlus business edition, a program that's driving our ICT man at work completely mad (it might be an coincidence but problems occurred after installing office).
No other software has been added/changed lately
09-01-2016, 10:40 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 10:55 by Lefreck.)
Hi Simon,
I've got a similar problem to Peter's: Lumin says that Minimserver is offline. But I still can select music (via Lumin, not via Kazoo) and it gets payed by my streamer.
Minimserver is installed on a Synology DS214play NAS. The NAS is always on and I can access all the data on it via my iMac, so the issue shouldn't be network related. I connected to the Minimserver status web page, as you suggested in your last post: I saw that Minimserver was "stopped", i clicked on "Rescan" at the webpage and while it still says "restarting", Minimserver is now online again. But why has it been stopped? Could it be that it has sth to do with the energy settings on my NAS?

best regards
Thierry
09-01-2016, 11:48
(09-01-2016 10:40)Lefreck Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I've got a similar problem to Peter's: Lumin says that Minimserver is offline. But I still can select music (via Lumin, not via Kazoo) and it gets payed by my streamer.
Minimserver is installed on a Synology DS214play NAS. The NAS is always on and I can access all the data on it via my iMac, so the issue shouldn't be network related. I connected to the Minimserver status web page, as you suggested in your last post: I saw that Minimserver was "stopped", i clicked on "Rescan" at the webpage and while it still says "restarting", Minimserver is now online again. But why has it been stopped? Could it be that it has sth to do with the energy settings on my NAS?

best regards
Thierry

If MinimServer is stopped, this normally means a Stop command was issued from MinimWatch.

If this happens again, you can use MinimWatch to view the MinimServer log. This might provide more information. MinimWatch should be able to find MinimServer when the MinimServer status is stopped.
10-01-2016, 23:45
Ok, I'll send you the log when it happens next. Thanks alot.

best regards
Thierry
09-02-2016, 22:42 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 22:46 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(13-12-2015 19:54)simoncn Wrote:  

Peter.

Today MinimServer (on my PC) went offline again.
Both XBMC (on my PC),Lumin, and the Cambridge Connect app could not find MinimServer.
The MinimServer status web page was accessible and a rescan resulted to online status.

.txt  minim 9-2-2016.txt (Size: 6.58 KB / Downloads: 1)
10-02-2016, 11:40
(09-02-2016 22:42)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Today MinimServer (on my PC) went offline again.
Both XBMC (on my PC),Lumin, and the Cambridge Connect app could not find MinimServer.
The MinimServer status web page was accessible and a rescan resulted to online status.

These screen shots and the log are both normal. As the status web page was accessible and a rescan resulted in online status, it is clear that MinimServer is working correctly and this is a network issue with multicast messages. What router do you have and is IGMP snooping enabled on the router? If your PC is connected to a switch rather than directly to the router, what switch do you have and is IGMP snooping enabled on the switch?
10-02-2016, 13:08
(10-02-2016 11:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 22:42)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Today MinimServer (on my PC) went offline again.

These screen shots and the log are both normal. As the status web page was accessible and a rescan resulted in online status, it is clear that MinimServer is working correctly and this is a network issue with multicast messages. What router do you have and is IGMP snooping enabled on the router? If your PC is connected to a switch rather than directly to the router, what switch do you have and is IGMP snooping enabled on the switch?

ASUS RT-N66U IGMP snooping , 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio disabled.
Ubiquinti Unifi UAP-LR access points 3x in Zero-Handoff Roaming mode creating one Wi-Fi network.
Netgear proSAFE GS105 and GS108 switches.

Peter.
11-02-2016, 20:54 (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 20:58 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(10-02-2016 13:08)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  

Ubiquinti Unifi UAP-LR access points 3x in Zero-Handoff Roaming mode creating one Wi-Fi network.

Peter.
Today MinimServer (Peter PC) went offline again.
The MinimServer status web page was accessible and a rescan had no result.When I tried to exit Minim I got a runtime error message.I have tried to find the log but could not figure out were to look.
The MinimWatch icon stayed green, although it mentioned a restart nothing happened

After exit>restart everything OK again.

Peter
11-02-2016, 21:39
(11-02-2016 20:54)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 13:08)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  

Peter.
Today MinimServer (Peter PC) went offline again.
The MinimServer status web page was accessible and a rescan had no result.When I tried to exit Minim I got a runtime error message.I have tried to find the log but could not figure out were to look.
The MinimWatch icon stayed green, although it mentioned a restart nothing happened

After exit>restart everything OK again.

Peter
I think I found the crash log.

.log  minimwatch-crash-20160211-201803.log (Size: 6.95 KB / Downloads: 1)