Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple instances on two different NAS
04-04-2015, 10:00
Multiple instances on two different NAS
Hi, I have two different synology NAS. There are stored different music libraries I do not want to mix. Can I run one Minimserver on each NAS and chose one of the two libraries from my Lumin Player App? Is it possible to watch and manage both instances over Minimwatch? Do I have to do anything special to setup the two instances? Thank you very much in advance and best regards, Rucki
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2015, 10:47
RE: Multiple instances on two different NAS
In my understanding it should be no problem having multiple minimserver instances in the same network. Just set up an run the servers in the normal way.

The only thing that I do not know is how minimwatch will behave. Maybe it will show 2 icons?
04-04-2015, 11:26
(04-04-2015 10:47)tarnkappe Wrote:  In my understanding it should be no problem having multiple minimserver instances in the same network. Just set up an run the servers in the normal way.

The only thing that I do not know is how minimwatch will behave. Maybe it will show 2 icons?
It shure will!
I have have minim installed on a NAS,PC and laptop, minimwatch is showing 3 icons when active.

Peter.
04-04-2015, 13:30 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 17:34 by DavidHB.)
(04-04-2015 11:26)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 10:47)tarnkappe Wrote:  In my understanding it should be no problem having multiple minimserver instances in the same network. Just set up an run the servers in the normal way.
... I have have minim installed on a NAS,PC and laptop, minimwatch is showing 3 icons when active.

I have a similar setup - NAS, remote desktop and remote laptop, all managed through MinimWatch. Plus the local installation of MinimServer which is managed directly; when that is running, there are four identical green icons. At least hovering the mouse pointer over each in turn enables you to identify which is which. And you can have more than one settings dialog open at once, and copy and paste settings from one to another.

David
04-04-2015, 15:42
Works fine and without any problems.
04-04-2015, 15:47
Hi everyone. Yes, just as you said. Just installed Minimserver on the second NAS and I have two icons for Minimwatch where I can manage everything seperatly... Great, thanks for your help!