Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver 0.8.3 on QNAP TS-231+
01-04-2015, 13:13
Minimserver 0.8.3 on QNAP TS-231+
Hello,

I'm trying to use Minimserver with a QNAP TS-231+ https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product/model....70&event=2 a A15 dual-core 1.4 GHz Cortex CPU model.

I installed the JRE_ARM 8.6.0 before without problems, and after downloaded the Miminserver for QNAP ARM processor from here http://minimserver.com/downloads/index.html# and installed without (apparently) any error.

When I start the server I see in the .log files this error:

MinimServer 0.8.3 update 50, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_06-b23)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.6-b23, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
MinimServer: startup error
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data/tmp/native/libohNet.so: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data/tmp/native/libohNet.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1929)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1827)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1119)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createLibrary(OhNetService.java:569)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceStack(OhNetService.java:476)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:379)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.access$1800(OhNetService.java:47)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$Proxy.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:945)
at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.createDevice(MonitorService.java:259)
at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.listenerAdded(MonitorService.java:333)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.addEventListener(RuntimeImpl.java:1258)
at org.jminim.lib.RuntimeService$Proxy.addEventListener(RuntimeService.java:212)
at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:676)
at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:508)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:167)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RootContextImpl.startComponent(RootContextImpl.java:47)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1382)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:975)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:107)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:621)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:204)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:30)

And of course the server doesn't work.

Should I use a different version for this processor? Or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you VERY much! Shy
Marco
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 14:58
RE: Minimserver 0.8.3 on QNAP TS-231+
(01-04-2015 13:13)poe_ope Wrote:  Hello,

I'm trying to use Minimserver with a QNAP TS-231+ https://www.qnap.com/i/en/product/model....70&event=2 a A15 dual-core 1.4 GHz Cortex CPU model.

I installed the JRE_ARM 8.6.0 before without problems, and after downloaded the Miminserver for QNAP ARM processor from here http://minimserver.com/downloads/index.html# and installed without (apparently) any error.

Should I use a different version for this processor? Or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you VERY much! Shy
Marco

This could happen if you accidentally downloaded the x86 version of MinimServer instead of the ARM version.

It's safer to use the QNAP App Center to install MinimServer as described in this section. This will make sure that you get the correct version of MinimServer for your NAS.

Please do the following:

1) Uninstall MinimServer using the App Center
2) Reboot the NAS
3) Install MinimServer using the App Center

Does this fix the problem?
01-04-2015, 15:16
(01-04-2015 14:58)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 13:13)poe_ope Wrote:  Hello,

Thank you VERY much! Shy
Marco

This could happen if you accidentally downloaded the x86 version of MinimServer instead of the ARM version.

It's safer to use the QNAP App Center to install MinimServer as described in this section. This will make sure that you get the correct version of MinimServer for your NAS.

Please do the following:

1) Uninstall MinimServer using the App Center
2) Reboot the NAS
3) Install MinimServer using the App Center

Does this fix the problem?

Thank you for your quick response! :-)

Too bad, I downloaded the ARM version, not the x86 (which is impossible to install inside this model).

More strange: I'm unable to see/install Minimserver from the App Center inside the QNAP NAS... so I downloaded one package from your site and one from QNAP App Center website https://www.qnap.com/i/en/app_center/ind...ent&II=170 where I can finally find the ARM and TS-x31 versions that downloads exactly the same package: MinimServer-0.8.3-arm-x19.zip

In brief: I downloaded from both minimserver.com and qnap.com sites the ARM version. This version installs without error (as far I know), but when I start the server I see the error in the above log file.

Maybe it's related to the A15 cpu? I purchased this model presuming that more powerful CPU = more performances, and yes, it's an ARM CPU anyway.

Thank you again for your precious support!
Marco
01-04-2015, 15:58
(01-04-2015 15:16)poe_ope Wrote:  Thank you for your quick response! :-)

Too bad, I downloaded the ARM version, not the x86 (which is impossible to install inside this model).

More strange: I'm unable to see/install Minimserver from the App Center inside the QNAP NAS... so I downloaded one package from your site and one from QNAP App Center website https://www.qnap.com/i/en/app_center/ind...ent&II=170 where I can finally find the ARM and TS-x31 versions that downloads exactly the same package: MinimServer-0.8.3-arm-x19.zip

In brief: I downloaded from both minimserver.com and qnap.com sites the ARM version. This version installs without error (as far I know), but when I start the server I see the error in the above log file.

Maybe it's related to the A15 cpu? I purchased this model presuming that more powerful CPU = more performances, and yes, it's an ARM CPU anyway.

Thank you again for your precious support!
Marco

It looks like QNAP has a different ARM Java download for the TS-x31. I think this is a recent change. This is probably why the ARM verison of MinimServer isn't working on the TS-x31. I will do some further investigation and post back here.
01-04-2015, 16:39
Do you have the TS-231+ (dual-core A15 CPU) or the TS-231 (dual-core Freescale CPU)?
01-04-2015, 18:00
(01-04-2015 16:39)simoncn Wrote:  Do you have the TS-231+ (dual-core A15 CPU) or the TS-231 (dual-core Freescale CPU)?

From what I have discovered so far, the MinimServer ARM build should run on the TS-231 but would not run on the TS-231+.
01-04-2015, 19:55
PM sent.
08-04-2015, 20:33
The TS-231+ requires a hard-float build and I have added this to the Downloads page. I have also sent it to QNAP for inclusion in the App Center.
09-04-2015, 09:15
I just want to thank again Simon for its fast and fundamental support!

Marco