Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows install of Minimserver inside a user-selectable directory : possible ?
31-03-2015, 03:37
Windows install of Minimserver inside a user-selectable directory : possible ?
Hi Simon,

I am wondering about the possibility on Windows (or another OS) to let the user select the Minimserver installation directory. I am asking because I am now moving my music library to an external drive. Being able to choose the installation directory and install Minmserver on the external drive alongside my library would allow me to move the external drive to another PC (with Java installed) and run Minimserver from there, without having to install Minimserver first. I am using a similar configuration for my music manager (MediaMonkey), and it works quite well.

Would such a "portable" installation of Minimserver possible, or are there severe technical difficulties to implement that feature ?

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2015, 20:54
RE: Windows install of Minimserver inside a user-selectable directory : possible ?
(31-03-2015 03:37)Andre Gosselin Wrote:  Hi Simon,

I am wondering about the possibility on Windows (or another OS) to let the user select the Minimserver installation directory. I am asking because I am now moving my music library to an external drive. Being able to choose the installation directory and install Minmserver on the external drive alongside my library would allow me to move the external drive to another PC (with Java installed) and run Minimserver from there, without having to install Minimserver first. I am using a similar configuration for my music manager (MediaMonkey), and it works quite well.

Would such a "portable" installation of Minimserver possible, or are there severe technical difficulties to implement that feature ?

Regards

Thanks for this suggestion. It is possible and there are technical difficulties. I will add this to the list of requested enhancements for a future release.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply