Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stream.converter field blank, trying to set up BBC Radio Streaming
28-03-2015, 17:17
stream.converter field blank, trying to set up BBC Radio Streaming
Hi, Apologies I don't really know what I'm doing

I'm trying to set up an alternate way to stream BBC Radio on my Sonos system, since their recent format changes mean all live sporting commentaries are blanked due to rights restrictions. I'm following the following instructions: these instructions (http://minimstreamer.com/naim/bbcradio.html)

It was going smoothly until I got to step 9:
Check that the stream.converter field contains the value ffmpeg or avconv. If this field is blank, post to the MinimStreamer section of the MinimServer support forum for advice (see the Support page).

the steam.converter field is blank, so I am looking for some advice as to how to proceed.
I am doing this on my PC rather than a NAS/Server, running Win8.1 I've confirmed that everything is 64-bit (Windows, Java and Minimserver)

thanks in advance for any help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2015, 18:29
RE: stream.converter field blank, trying to set up BBC Radio Streaming
(28-03-2015 17:17)Thinbo Wrote:  Hi, Apologies I don't really know what I'm doing

I'm trying to set up an alternate way to stream BBC Radio on my Sonos system, since their recent format changes mean all live sporting commentaries are blanked due to rights restrictions. I'm following the following instructions: these instructions (http://minimstreamer.com/naim/bbcradio.html)

It was going smoothly until I got to step 9:
Check that the stream.converter field contains the value ffmpeg or avconv. If this field is blank, post to the MinimStreamer section of the MinimServer support forum for advice (see the Support page).

the steam.converter field is blank, so I am looking for some advice as to how to proceed.
I am doing this on my PC rather than a NAS/Server, running Win8.1 I've confirmed that everything is 64-bit (Windows, Java and Minimserver)

thanks in advance for any help

This instruction step is specifically for Naim. For Sonos, you should be following the instructions on this page. In step 8, use the Sonos Windows app to set the custom radio station URLs.
28-03-2015, 20:32
RE: stream.converter field blank, trying to set up BBC Radio Streaming
Thanks, that's fantastic, it's done the trick