Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist missing in incomplete albums
26-03-2015, 13:42 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2015 17:58 by ruckmann.)
Artist missing in incomplete albums
Albums list are provided by Minimserver with according Artist information for Album selections containing all tracks of the album (complete albums). If selection turns out with Albums not containing all tracks of an album (incomplete albums), no Artist information is displayed in conjunction with the respective album (tested with several different control points). I do not see the reason, why this is the case. I would appreciate to have Artist information displayed for all listed albums independent from album completeness. Of course, I would expect only artists appearing in one of the selected tracks of the respective album.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2015, 23:49
RE: Artist missing in incomplete albums
(26-03-2015 13:42)ruckmann Wrote:  Albums are listed with according Artist information for Album selections containing all tracks of the album. If selection turns out with Albums not containing all tracks of the album, no Artist information is displayed in album listing (tested with several different control points). I do not see the reason, why this is the case. I would appreciate to have Artist information displayed for all listed albums independent from album completeness. Of course, I would expect only artists appearing in one of the selected tracks of the respective album.

MinimServer uses different UPnP container classes for complete albums and incomplete albums. Treating incomplete albums in this way makes it clear that the album is incomplete and also provides a ">> Complete Album" choice to enable the user to show the complete album (a feature that I find very useful).

For both complete album containers and incomplete album containers, MinimServer sends artist information to the control point. Unfortunately, this information is ignored by control points for incomplete albums because the UPnP specification doesn't require the control point to process artist information for the UPnP container class that is used for incomplete albums.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply