Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch troubles
22-03-2015, 23:53
MinimWatch troubles
I'm having problems with MinimWatch on Mac OSX after updating to 0.8.3 and installing the latest update (31).

MinimWatch will launch once and on exiting display an error message (see Attachment). After that, I can't launch MinimWatch again from the GUI until I sign off and on again. Activity Monitor shows no running MinimWatch process.

Using the command line I can re-launch and use MinimWatch successfully using MinimWatchLauncher in the App's Content/MacOS directory. On exiting the same error appears. In addition, a similar error message is printed in the terminal ("TrayControl: ObserverCache error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.awt.image.MultiResolutionToolkitImage$ObserverCache") and the process hangs until killed with Ctrl-C.

The problem persists even after rolling back to the previous version (0.8.1). Only after deleting MinimWatch's folder in ~/Library can I use the older version. It appears the problem is with the latest update package (31).

Mac OS X (10.10.2) and Java (7 Update 75) are up to date. I'm attaching an error log (from ~/Library/MinimWatch).

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix it? Or is it actually a bug with update 31?

Thanks for any help
Victor

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.log  minimwatch-crash-20150322-233826.log (Size: 8.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 10:24
RE: MinimWatch troubles
(22-03-2015 23:53)vkoechli Wrote:  Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix it? Or is it actually a bug with update 31?

Thanks for any help
Victor

Thanks for this very comprehensive problem report.

There is an incompatibility between update 31 and Java 7. It works correctly with Java 8. I will release update 32 today to fix the problem with Java 7.
23-03-2015, 12:07
(23-03-2015 10:24)simoncn Wrote:  There is an incompatibility between update 31 and Java 7. It works correctly with Java 8. I will release update 32 today to fix the problem with Java 7.

This update is available now.
23-03-2015, 21:52
Quick as usual, and working perfectly now! Thank you, Simon!

For anyone affected: If the update is not delivered by the auto update mechanism, start MinimWatch and select 'Properties (Watch) to find the update listed and be able to install it.

Thanks a lot, and keep up the excellent work!
Victor
24-03-2015, 17:53
(23-03-2015 21:52)vkoechli Wrote:  Quick as usual, and working perfectly now! Thank you, Simon!

I'm pleased to hear this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Quote:For anyone affected: If the update is not delivered by the auto update mechanism, start MinimWatch and select 'Properties (Watch) to find the update listed and be able to install it.

An even simpler way is to use Options > About (watch) > Show updates.