Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get rid of Index Tags
21-03-2015, 12:03
Can't get rid of Index Tags
Hi

I've just re-installed Java and decided to re-install MinimServer from scratch too. (PC running Windows 7)
Everything working fine BUT I cannot get rid of Index tags I don't want. I don't use them and find my music my going into [folder view] and then selecting from there (I appreciate some - most? - people prefer tags but I don't).
Before the re-install I had got rid of Index Tags by clearing the line in Properties but when I do that now and restart, the bloody things come back again. The only way forward has been to delete them all except one value (eg Composer) and just have that taking up display space. Is there some way of getting rid of them all, please?
In addition, I have a line in Bubble called[untagged] which I don't want. How can I get rid of that one too?
Many thanks

Reg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 12:13 (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015 12:35 by simoncn.)
RE: Can't get rid of Index Tags
(21-03-2015 12:03)Reg Wrote:  Hi

I've just re-installed Java and decided to re-install MinimServer from scratch too. (PC running Windows 7)
Everything working fine BUT I cannot get rid of Index tags I don't want. I don't use them and find my music my going into [folder view] and then selecting from there (I appreciate some - most? - people prefer tags but I don't).
Before the re-install I had got rid of Index Tags by clearing the line in Properties but when I do that now and restart, the bloody things come back again. The only way forward has been to delete them all except one value (eg Composer) and just have that taking up display space. Is there some way of getting rid of them all, please?
In addition, I have a line in Bubble called[untagged] which I don't want. How can I get rid of that one too?
Many thanks

Reg

You can set indexTags to the special value 'none' if you don't want any index tags. The [untagged] line won't be shown if indexTags is set to 'none'.

Edit: corrected the original response.
21-03-2015, 12:32
RE: Can't get rid of Index Tags
(21-03-2015 12:13)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 12:03)Reg Wrote:  Hi

Many thanks

Reg

You can set indexTags to the special value 'none' if you don't want any index tags.

It isn't possible to get rid of the [untagged] line at present. I agree that this line is unnecessary for people who don't want to use any index tags and I will look into removing it in a future release if indexTags is set to 'none'.

Simon

What phenomenal support. But that others were like you!
All done and set up as it was and as I like it. Many thanks

Reg