Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distortion at start of transcoded tracks
20-03-2015, 03:55
Distortion at start of transcoded tracks
Hi All,

I updated this evening to the latest build(s) and I am not hearing garbled sounds at the start of many tracks; all are converted from ALAC to WAV/24 and in my case, these are Redbook (44.1/16).

It's just for a second and if I rewind to the start of the track, it sounds fine.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

- Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2015, 04:11
RE: Distortion at start of transcoded tracks
(20-03-2015 03:55)krutsch Wrote:  Hi All,

I updated this evening to the latest build(s) and I am not hearing garbled sounds at the start of many tracks; all are converted from ALAC to WAV/24 and in my case, these are Redbook (44.1/16).

It's just for a second and if I rewind to the start of the track, it sounds fine.

- Ken

As an FYI ... I switched to my FLAC collection and the garbling is gone. Might be the ALAC transcoding that's an issue, similar to the challenges seen last week?
20-03-2015, 10:09

- Ken

I tried this with some ALAC files and I didn't hear any problem. What computer or NAS are you using to run MinimServer and MinimStreamer?
20-03-2015, 15:35
(20-03-2015 10:09)simoncn Wrote:  

- Ken

I tried this with some ALAC files and I didn't hear any problem. What computer or NAS are you using to run MinimServer and MinimStreamer?

I'm using a Mac Mini w/ the latest release of FFMpeg (via brew). It doesn't happen all of the time and only at the start of tracks.

Who knows... I've reverted back to my parallel FLAC collection and I'm finished with ALAC for this purpose. The FLAC files work perfectly with MinimServer/Streamer.