Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryston Renderer and OpenHome
18-03-2015, 21:13
RE: Bryston Renderer and OpenHome
(18-03-2015 18:36)krutsch Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 17:18)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Bryston does mention gapless playback in their brochure

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/brochures/BDP...OCHURE.pdf

I don't know whether gapless playback is only possible using a specific (Bryston?) app.

Peter.

Thanks, Peter. I have read their documentation and was really asking for feedback from MinimServer users that actually own a Bryston.

Maybe I should consider a StreamMagic 6 V2; my understanding is that device *will* work with BubbleUPnP's control point and MinimServer to provide gapless playback.

I fully understand and I hope there is a forum member owning a Bryston who can can tell us all about the pros and cons of this equipment.
Now it is just guessing and it seems like it is stated the Bryston (unless mentioned in their brochure)is not fully capable to provide gapless playback.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Make a deal with a dealer,listen and play with it for a week or so.
May be your overwhelmed by the the sound,it might also be disappointing.
You are talking about serious money in this case,worth doing some serious listening/testing before purchase!
You might also consider the new Cambridge Audio 851N http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/n.../azur-851n or the new CX series streamers.
I do own a SM6(V1) a streamer that was supposed to be non gapless for a while and enjoy listening to this affordable streamer every day.
To be honest also this piece of machinery has some negative issues, but also a lot of positive features, so I can live with it!

Kind Regards,

Peter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bryston Renderer and OpenHome - Peter StreamMagic - 18-03-2015 21:13