Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding combinations UPnP and Internet Radio
13-03-2015, 18:41
RE: Transcoding combinations UPnP and Internet Radio
(13-03-2015 18:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 17:53)Pastim Wrote:  Thanks.

You quote 3 cases, where I had thought there were 4. From previous answers my understanding was that if a '*' case is provided and aac is not explicit, the aac case is ignored, even for Internet Radio, in the same way as for UPnP. Was that incorrect? From your answer it seems that is a significant difference in processing rules that I have missed somewhere down the line.

If the aac case had not been supplied I understand Internet Radio would then have used the '*' case (where ^ is invalid) so would pick the first choice.

The * case is used by UPnP only, not by internet radio.
Ah Ha! At last. Somewhere down the line, having said I was missing something fundamental, I have never noticed that this was the case. You may well have said so, or implied so, but I've not taken it in. You did say 'will not be transcoded' against my examples of this, but I did not realise the full import of what you said (I foolishly assumed that you meant it was somehow picking up the - part without the ^). So I have always assumed it was not completely ignored, and so have gone round and round in ever decreasing circles failing to find a workable solution that I can understand and make work.

If there are others who might fall into the same confusion it might help to have a brief mention in the user guide.

I won't ask why this is the way it works, I'm just happy to now know.

Thanks again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transcoding combinations UPnP and Internet Radio - Pastim - 13-03-2015 18:41