Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer & Windows Server 2012 R2 (Core Mode)
10-03-2015, 22:19
MinimServer & Windows Server 2012 R2 (Core Mode)
Is it possible to run MinimServer in Windows Server 2012 Core Mode and if so, what is the command line from prompt to get it to run?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 23:03
RE: MinimServer & Windows Server 2012 R2 (Core Mode)
(10-03-2015 22:19)JazzDoc Wrote:  Is it possible to run MinimServer in Windows Server 2012 Core Mode and if so, what is the command line from prompt to get it to run?

I'm not familiar with Windows Server 2012 Core Mode. Does this use a graphical desktop, an interactive console, or neither of these?

To run MinimServer in an interactive console, you should cd to the directory C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib and run the command

java -jar mserver.jar

This won't create the minim icon in the system tray. If you want to create this icon, cd to the same directory and run the command

javaw -jar mserver.jar
04-12-2017, 21:26 (This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 21:39 by droberson2.)
(10-03-2015 23:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 22:19)JazzDoc Wrote:  Is it possible to run MinimServer in Windows Server 2012 Core Mode and if so, what is the command line from prompt to get it to run?

I'm not familiar with Windows Server 2012 Core Mode. Does this use a graphical desktop, an interactive console, or neither of these?

To run MinimServer in an interactive console, you should cd to the directory C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib and run the command

java -jar mserver.jar

This won't create the minim icon in the system tray. If you want to create this icon, cd to the same directory and run the command

javaw -jar mserver.jar

Hello Simon,

Sorry the OP didn't answer your question, but yes, I would characterize WS 2012R2 core mode as an interactive console, or what we call the command line. I'm not sure about installing Java though. My question was the same, but for WS 2012R2 GUI mode. Are you aware of any problems with it? How about WS 2016 GUI mode?
04-12-2017, 21:40
droberson2 Wrote:Hello Simon,

Sorry the OP didn't answer your question, but yes, I would characterize WS 2012R2 core mode as an interactive console, or what we call the command line. I'm not sure about installing Java though. My question was the same, but for WS 2012R2 GUI mode. Are you aware of any problems with it?

I haven't used WS myself, only regular Windows. If you follow the instructions for regular Windows, does it work? If not, please describe the problem.
10-12-2017, 02:50
(04-12-2017 21:26)droberson2 Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 23:03)simoncn Wrote:  

java -jar mserver.jar

javaw -jar mserver.jar

Hello Simon,

Sorry the OP didn't answer your question, but yes, I would characterize WS 2012R2 core mode as an interactive console, or what we call the command line. I'm not sure about installing Java though. My question was the same, but for WS 2012R2 GUI mode. Are you aware of any problems with it? How about WS 2016 GUI mode?

Hi,

Both Java and Minimserver can be installed and work perfectly in GUI mode for WS2012 R2 and WS2016 (using the latter myself). Once installed in GUI mode in WS2012 R2, you can create a batch file to start Minimserver and then switch to core mode if you wish. Minimserver can then be started using the batch file at a command prompt.

Both Java and Minimserver can also be installed in WS2016 core mode but things are a bit trickier. For more information, I recommend you search the JPLAY Forum under the "Computer Audio" sub-forum for Minimserver. Instructions for installing Java in WS2016 core mode can be found on the Computer Audiophile Forum in the Highend-AudioPC (Sponsored) sub-forum of the "Sponsored Forums" section.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bernie
11-12-2017, 13:37
You can run minimserver as a service in Windows Server 2012 R2.

Please read here:

http://readorskip.com/2016/01/20/Run-Min...s-Service/