08-03-2015, 21:47
Error Installing MinimStreamer
Here's the message:

Error calling LauncherImpl.launch: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 03:18
RE: Error Installing MinimStreamer
Tried to play music after being about and minimserver just terminated it's program after about 15 seconds of music. Wow, Amazingly bad. Really missing my vinyl.
09-03-2015, 11:38
(08-03-2015 21:47)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  Here's the message:

Did you get this when launching MinimServer from the desktop icon?

Does it happen every time you launch MinimServer?

Diid you see the minim icon appear in the system tray before this happened?

Have you previously been able to launch MinimServer successfully?

Does MinimServer launch successfully on another machine?
09-03-2015, 11:42
(09-03-2015 03:18)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  Tried to play music after being about and minimserver just terminated it's program after about 15 seconds of music. Wow, Amazingly bad. Really missing my vinyl.

Does this happen every time you play music, or just on a particular track?

Did you see a red minim icon in the system tray when this happened?

If this happens again, please copy the minimserver.log file from the C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data folder to some other location before you restart MinimServer, then attach this file to a post here. The AppData folder is hidden by Windows Explorer, so you need to type the fulll folder path into the Explorer address bar.
09-03-2015, 16:31
(09-03-2015 11:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 03:18)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  Tried to play music after being about and minimserver just terminated it's program after about 15 seconds of music. Wow, Amazingly bad. Really missing my vinyl.

Does this happen every time you play music, or just on a particular track?

Did you see a red minim icon in the system tray when this happened?

If this happens again, please copy the minimserver.log file from the C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data folder to some other location before you restart MinimServer, then attach this file to a post here. The AppData folder is hidden by Windows Explorer, so you need to type the fulll folder path into the Explorer address bar.

or go to internet options/advanced and enable view hidden files and folders Wink

Thanks for the reply. I had to leave this nightmare yesterday. My son and wife were missing me...

I know where these files are, I'm X IT (a long time ago) Undecided That is part of what frustrates me. I was counting on this being easy but knowing that every persons computer and setup is different. Knowing this, I was willing to put some time in getting this up and running but I didn't count on this being so difficult where most folks seem to having an easy time of it.
When I found the issue within Windows Network streaming pane, I was up and running and proclaimed "fixed". Then when I went to play DSD, it wouldn't, and 96/24 stuttered. My buddy who turned me on to Lumin told me I needed to add some file types to the program, but I could not find the location. I thought it was natively supported? Out of sheer frustration I found and loaded Minim streamer, a package I really don't know much about. I better read up on that Undecided
As I recall, it didn't load either - some error message.

When I tried to play music from my IPAD, there was bad behavior, some weird looping as if I was tabbing through the interface and a spinning wheel within the program and of course nothing would play.
So tonight, I'll bring home a laptop, my third computer in this exercise, load up the program(s), and see what happens.

As an FYI, I tried using the library from both my DLink DNS343 4 drive storage mapped to a drive letter and an external USB hard drive. Both methods worked as the library loaded. So at least I have a library Rolleyes

Is there a preferred method?

Again, thanks for your help. I'll send the log file when I get home.
09-03-2015, 17:12
(09-03-2015 16:31)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  or go to internet options/advanced and enable view hidden files and folders Wink

Thanks for the reply. I had to leave this nightmare yesterday. My son and wife were missing me...

I know where these files are, I'm X IT (a long time ago) Undecided That is part of what frustrates me. I was counting on this being easy but knowing that every persons computer and setup is different. Knowing this, I was willing to put some time in getting this up and running but I didn't count on this being so difficult where most folks seem to having an easy time of it.
When I found the issue within Windows Network streaming pane, I was up and running and proclaimed "fixed". Then when I went to play DSD, it wouldn't, and 96/24 stuttered. My buddy who turned me on to Lumin told me I needed to add some file types to the program, but I could not find the location. I thought it was natively supported? Out of sheer frustration I found and loaded Minim streamer, a package I really don't know much about. I better read up on that Undecided
As I recall, it didn't load either - some error message.

When I tried to play music from my IPAD, there was bad behavior, some weird looping as if I was tabbing through the interface and a spinning wheel within the program and of course nothing would play.
So tonight, I'll bring home a laptop, my third computer in this exercise, load up the program(s), and see what happens.

As an FYI, I tried using the library from both my DLink DNS343 4 drive storage mapped to a drive letter and an external USB hard drive. Both methods worked as the library loaded. So at least I have a library Rolleyes

Is there a preferred method?

Again, thanks for your help. I'll send the log file when I get home.

I am very surprised that you are having so many problems. For most users, MinimServer "just works" and I don't (yet) know why this is happening to you.

I will do my best to help you solve all these problems. I think the best approach is to work on one problem at a time and solve it before tackling the next problem. It's also helpful to make one change a time and observe the effect.

To play DSD to most streamers, you need to install MinimStreamer and set the stream.transcode property to

dsf:dopwav, dff:dopwav

A few streamers (including the LUMIN) can handle DSD without this setting but most streamers can't.

If you have a problem and see an error message (e.g., when installing MinimStreamer), it is very important to make a note of the exact error message. This information is necessary for me to be able to help you solve the problem.

It would also be very helpful if you could say which other components you are using as the streamer (player) and the control point. Some combinations have issues and I know (mostly) what these issues are and can give you advice on how to solve them.

When you were trying to play music from your iPad, which control point app were you using on the iPad? This is very important information for diagnosing the problem and helping you solve it. Also, were you trying to play the music on the iPad itself or on some other streamer (player)? Again, this is very important information.

Loading MinimServer on different computers is unlikely to solve these problems. It would be better to focus on the setup you have and debug it to make it work properly.

It is better to load the library from a USB-attached disk than from a network share on a NAS. You will get much better performance when scanning your library if you are using a USB connection.

if 24/96 music is stuttering, this isn't a problem in MinimServer. It's caused by some component in your network being unable to handle the higher streaming bandwidth that this requires. If you can describe your complete network setup, I will try to make some suggestions for which component(s) might be causing the problem.
09-03-2015, 21:18
(09-03-2015 11:38)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 21:47)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  Here's the message:

Did you get this when launching MinimServer from the desktop icon?

No installing Minimstreamer

Does it happen every time you launch MinimServer?

Minimserver works fine.

Diid you see the minim icon appear in the system tray before this happened?

Have you previously been able to launch MinimServer successfully?

Does MinimServer launch successfully on another machine?

After the attempted installation of Minimstreamer the IPAD interface to Lumin got inoperable. I did try to reload (relaunch program in IPAD) but same issue so I stopped.

I'll take a fresh look at it when I get home. Thanks again for your help.
09-03-2015, 22:51
(09-03-2015 21:18)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  After the attempted installation of Minimstreamer the IPAD interface to Lumin got inoperable. I did try to reload (relaunch program in IPAD) but same issue so I stopped.

Thanks for this information.

When you install a new package and do a Relaunch, it might take a bit of time for MinimServer to restart fully, especially if your library is on a NAS network share. Accessing your library via USB will make this quicker.

You can tell when MinimServer and MinimStreamer are ready to use by looking at the colour of the minim icon. When it changes from yellow to green, MinimServer and MinimStreamer are ready. The iPad app problem might have been caused by trying to access MinimServer when it hadn't restarted fully.

As I said in a previous post, you shouldn't need to use MinimStreamer to stream DSD files to a LUMIN player. Are you using a LUMIN player as well as the LUMIN iPad app? It would be very helpful if you could tell me what device you are using to play your music.
09-03-2015, 22:56
(09-03-2015 22:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 21:18)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  After the attempted installation of Minimstreamer the IPAD interface to Lumin got inoperable. I did try to reload (relaunch program in IPAD) but same issue so I stopped.

Thanks for this information.

When you install a new package and do a Relaunch, it might take a bit of time for MinimServer to restart fully, especially if your library is on a NAS network share. Accessing your library via USB will make this quicker.

You can tell when MinimServer and MinimStreamer are ready to use by looking at the colour of the minim icon. When it changes from yellow to green, MinimServer and MinimStreamer are ready. The iPad app problem might have been caused by trying to access MinimServer when it hadn't restarted fully.

As I said in a previous post, you shouldn't need to use MinimStreamer to stream DSD files to a LUMIN player. Are you using a LUMIN player as well as the LUMIN iPad app? It would be very helpful if you could tell me what device you are using to play your music.

I am using the Lumin T1. I'm using the Lumin app on the IPAD and the Bubble app on my droid. Most of my installation interface has been with the Android Bubble app. I finally wrestled the IPAD from my 4 year old (of course it's usually almost dead Smile Funny then why DSD had the error messages.
09-03-2015, 23:15
(09-03-2015 22:56)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  I am using the Lumin T1. I'm using the Lumin app on the IPAD and the Bubble app on my droid. Most of my installation interface has been with the Android Bubble app. I finally wrestled the IPAD from my 4 year old (of course it's usually almost dead Smile Funny then why DSD had the error messages.

What error messages did you get when you tried to play DSD on the LUMIN without MinimStreamer installed? Were you playing a DSF or DFF file? Are you sure that the format of the DSF or DFF file is correct?