Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot transcode files - new problem
07-03-2015, 21:33
Cannot transcode files - new problem
Running the latest Minimserver & mainstreamer packages on QNAP NAS (latest firmware). Minim server was operating normally on update 50. Was prompted for update 62, installed it and suddenly transcoding stopped working. Rolled back to 50, completely removed Minimserver and Java, reinstalled - no joy.

With Minimstreamer installed but no transcoding options set in Properties, files play fine, but with "alas:wav24" - I receive an error message in the log:

20:22:13.099 Thread-20874: WaveResourceData: reading file Alison Krauss & Union Station/New Favorite/03 The Lucky One.m4a
20:22:13.100 Thread-20874: WaveResourceData: incorrect audio data for file Alison Krauss & Union Station/New Favorite/03 The Lucky One.m4a
sending HTTP response '404 Not Found: Unable to compute length of requested resource' to request 'GET /minimserver/*/iTunes*20Music/Alison*20Krauss*20*26*20Union*20Station/New*20Favorite/03*20The*20Lucky*20One.m4a/$!transcode-24.wav'

The odd thing is this just started for every fileI have tried. The files play fine without transcoding but now, i get the error msg when trying to enable transcoding. I have verified this behavior with several control points as well as attempting to play the file directly in PlugPlayer.

iOS control points tried are Auralic LightningDS, Linn Kinsky & Lumin.

What happened and how do I fix it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 22:37
RE: Cannot transcode files - new problem
I was just about to ask the same question as I have exactly the same problem and symptoms.

My setup is a Synology DS213j and I have the problem with BubbleUPnP, Dish Hopper and Denon AVR-X3000. Transcoding has been working fine for me for about a year, my stream.transcode setting is "alac:wav". srream.converter is set to ffmpeg.

BTW, I like your taste in music!
07-03-2015, 23:18
Similar problem... I updated MinimStreamer this morning and I see an error message:

test invocation of ffmpeg failed...

or something to that effect. And, my streamer reports File Format Error on playback.

FWIW, I am running ffmpeg 2.5.3 directly installed via brew on my Mac Mini.

Shit... I am going on a work trip tomorrow and and I just showed my G/F how to use the streamer. She's going to love this Huh
07-03-2015, 23:25
^^ forgot to mention, I am running:

MinimServer-0.8-update-62
MinimStreamer-0.5.9
07-03-2015, 23:38
^^ FWIW, after some testing, this my issue seems to be limited to ALAC transcoding. MP3, AAC and FLAC transcoding works just fine.
08-03-2015, 00:27
Great - :-( I guess that's the end of automatically installing updates in the future once this is (hopefully) fixed.
08-03-2015, 00:42
The problem with ALAC to WAV transcoding is now fixed in MinimStreamer 0.5.10. Thanks to those who reported the problem and apologies for the inconvenience.
08-03-2015, 01:06
Whoa - same day service. Not bad at all :-)

Thanks, Simon
08-03-2015, 01:23
OK - installed 5.10 and we seem to be back to normal.

Thanks, again.
08-03-2015, 01:58
Thank you, it works fine again.