Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot run Minimserver
07-03-2015, 18:44
Cannot run Minimserver
I'm in hour 6 now trying to get this software working using 2 different computers, 3 hard drives 2 of which died in battle, so my nerves are a bit fragile now.

Right from the start, it sort of worked. It read about 5% of my library. No amount of rescans changed that problem. I never had issues with Jriver or other software reading same discs so something is/was amiss. My library was solid, or so I thought.

I was using a CAPs server (basically a dedicated small footprint computer) with a USB hard drive attached. The drive then died. I used another one, my backup but being the flakey WD that it is would come and go being read. So I abandoned the server and now working with my main office computer. a Windows 7 machine (windows 10 too, it's dual boot).

Minimserver will not run in either Windows 7 or 10. Same error message. I can't capture it but it says that there is an unsatisfied link.
Can't load AMD 64.dll on a 32 bit platform. My OS is 64 bit.
It ran on my CAPs server which is Windows 10 64bit. Just wouldn't read my library to completion.

I haven't tried the 32bit version yet. Would that be the next step?

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 23:51
RE: Cannot run Minimserver
(07-03-2015 18:44)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  I'm in hour 6 now trying to get this software working using 2 different computers, 3 hard drives 2 of which died in battle, so my nerves are a bit fragile now.

Right from the start, it sort of worked. It read about 5% of my library. No amount of rescans changed that problem. I never had issues with Jriver or other software reading same discs so something is/was amiss. My library was solid, or so I thought.

I was using a CAPs server (basically a dedicated small footprint computer) with a USB hard drive attached. The drive then died. I used another one, my backup but being the flakey WD that it is would come and go being read. So I abandoned the server and now working with my main office computer. a Windows 7 machine (windows 10 too, it's dual boot).

Minimserver will not run in either Windows 7 or 10. Same error message. I can't capture it but it says that there is an unsatisfied link.
Can't load AMD 64.dll on a 32 bit platform. My OS is 64 bit.
It ran on my CAPs server which is Windows 10 64bit. Just wouldn't read my library to completion.

I haven't tried the 32bit version yet. Would that be the next step?

Thanks for your help.

You can find full installation instructions for Windows in this section. See step 1 for a solution to the AMD 64-bit problem.
08-03-2015, 04:20
The behavior is so bad.

Only shows 77 albums of 3000. Minimwatch is mostly grayed out. Sometimes I wonder if this is even connecting to my drive as I have configured in minimserver. Java 64 bit is installed. Just bad behavior. I'm attempting success in 2 computers and I'm marginal at best.

Discouraging.
08-03-2015, 08:31
(08-03-2015 04:20)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  The behavior is so bad.

Only shows 77 albums of 3000. Minimwatch is mostly grayed out. Sometimes I wonder if this is even connecting to my drive as I have configured in minimserver. Java 64 bit is installed. Just bad behavior. I'm attempting success in 2 computers and I'm marginal at best.

Discouraging.

I'm sure the problems can be solved if you can provide more information about them.

Have you looked in the MinimServer log window for error and warning messages? If a lot of albums are not showing, this is probably because MinimServer has found problems when reading the files.

You can check which folders MinimServer is reading by changing the logging level in the log window to verbose and doing a Rescan from the minim icon. The log will contains a list of all the folders that are being scanned.

It isn't normally necessary to use MinimWatch if you're running MinimServer on Windows. If the MinimWatch icon (on another machine) is grey and the MinimServer icon (on the machine you're using to run MinimServer) is green, this can be caused by the following:

1) A firewall on the machine running MinimWatch might be blocking incoming connections. Try disabling the firewal to confirm whether this is the cause of the problem.

2) If the machine running MinimWatch has more than one network adapter (real or virtual), MinimWatch might be choosing the wrong adapter. To fix this, you need to set the ohnet.subnet property in the MinimWatch configuration as described in this section.
08-03-2015, 16:43
(08-03-2015 08:31)simoncn Wrote:  

Discouraging.

I'm sure the problems can be solved if you can provide more information about them.

Have you looked in the MinimServer log window for error and warning messages? If a lot of albums are not showing, this is probably because MinimServer has found problems when reading the files.

You can check which folders MinimServer is reading by changing the logging level in the log window to verbose and doing a Rescan from the minim icon. The log will contains a list of all the folders that are being scanned.

It isn't normally necessary to use MinimWatch if you're running MinimServer on Windows. If the MinimWatch icon (on another machine) is grey and the MinimServer icon (on the machine you're using to run MinimServer) is green, this can be caused by the following:

1) A firewall on the machine running MinimWatch might be blocking incoming connections. Try disabling the firewal to confirm whether this is the cause of the problem.

2) If the machine running MinimWatch has more than one network adapter (real or virtual), MinimWatch might be choosing the wrong adapter. To fix this, you need to set the ohnet.subnet property in the MinimWatch configuration as described in this section.

It's a marathon but I'm going to win with the help of this forum.

OK, so minimwatch only shows me Options, Refresh and exit. I cannot go to any other field as they are grayed out.

I've checked Network setting, Homegroup, tried using my D-Link storage Unpn enabled, bought another hard drive, populated it with my DSD music and get the errors described below.

I get for instance "Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-17-12 in file Cowboy Junkies" This error in log shows up in every file.

I've even hacked the registry discovering the Homegroup was having issues and now all is well, except for of course, this software.

What's also interesting I noted last night listening to the files that were recognized is that I'm no longer sure where they came from. They were MP3's! I don't do MP3 unless it's in my Phone.
Funny too, MP3 never sounded so good..
08-03-2015, 17:03
(08-03-2015 16:43)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 08:31)simoncn Wrote:  

Discouraging.

It's a marathon but I'm going to win with the help of this forum.

OK, so minimwatch only shows me Options, Refresh and exit. I cannot go to any other field as they are grayed out.

I've checked Network setting, Homegroup, tried using my D-Link storage Unpn enabled, bought another hard drive, populated it with my DSD music and get the errors described below.

I get for instance "Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-17-12 in file Cowboy Junkies" This error in log shows up in every file

There are only 12 month's in a year.
It should be 2006-12-17 (yyyy-mm-dd)

Regards,
Peter

I've even hacked the registry discovering the Homegroup was having issues and now all is well, except for of course, this software.

What's also interesting I noted last night listening to the files that were recognized is that I'm no longer sure where they came from. They were MP3's! I don't do MP3 unless it's in my Phone.
Funny too, MP3 never sounded so good..
08-03-2015, 17:40
Fixed! There's an option is Media programs on this PC and remote connections. Sure it's enabled but... there's a "Customize" inside the tab and inside of that are settings, "default" and "Make all of the media in my library available to this device". Change from "default" to the latter and bingo.

Thanks for your help.
08-03-2015, 19:25
(08-03-2015 17:40)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  Fixed! There's an option is Media programs on this PC and remote connections. Sure it's enabled but... there's a "Customize" inside the tab and inside of that are settings, "default" and "Make all of the media in my library available to this device". Change from "default" to the latter and bingo.

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad to hear the problem is solved. Are you now seeing all your albums in MinimServer?

If you have any more problems or questions, please post them here.
08-03-2015, 21:24
(08-03-2015 16:43)MichaelHiFi Wrote:  OK, so minimwatch only shows me Options, Refresh and exit. I cannot go to any other field as they are grayed out.

Are you running MinimWatch on the same Windows machine as MinimServer? If so, you will see what you have described. You only need to run MinimWatch if you want to manage MinimServer from a different machine.