Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver stops running
24-02-2015, 21:23
RE: minimserver stops running
(24-02-2015 21:08)adrian Wrote:  Note that I'm the person who started this thread. So after learning about the issue with automatic updates, I setup the NAS to email me when it applies an update. That worked. It updated. I got an email. MinimServer was stopped. I retstarted it. Everything working with a satisfactory workaround.

But in this case, I received no email and it didn't appear that the NAS had rebooted or installed any updates. (At least there were no messages I found indicating either thing.)

Thanks for explaining this. If this happens again, please look in the MinimServer shared folder at the contents of the files minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log. It's important to do this before you restart MinimServer as these files are overwriten by a restart. If either of these files shows anything unusual, please save copies of both files and let me know. Many thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 14:03
My Synology updated its DSM last night and MinimServer was not stopped. I think that means I've been through two updates without having it stop. Perhaps the problem of updates halting the server has been fixed?
03-03-2015, 14:25
(03-03-2015 14:03)adrian Wrote:  My Synology updated its DSM last night and MinimServer was not stopped. I think that means I've been through two updates without having it stop. Perhaps the problem of updates halting the server has been fixed?

I did a manual update to DSM 5.1-5022 update 3 to test this. The update completed much more quickly than usual and it didn't do a full restart of DSM as would normally happen when an update is applied. MinimServer was still running after this "mini-update".