Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tagging Display Functionality Excellent
28-02-2015, 19:16
Tagging Display Functionality Excellent
Hi Simon

I thought I would test the tagFormat and tagOptions today.

Once I got my head around the syntax, I think its an excellent feature.

I have used the ignore.sort, reverseName & Album.displayFormat to achieve the following from my control point.

Artist 'The Beatles' is now ordered under 'B' but still appears as 'The Beatles'.
Conductor now displays as 'Claudio Abbado'. Done the same for Composer.
All Album titles are now suffixed with AudioQuality, e.g. 'A Funk Odyssey, CD', 'A Life in Film, HD'.

This software is amazing. Its a real pleasure to use and makes the whole streaming experience more enjoyable.

Thank you once again.

Anton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2015, 21:10
RE: Tagging Display Functionality Excellent
(28-02-2015 19:16)AntonD Wrote:  Hi Simon

I have used the ignore.sort, reverseName & Album.displayFormat to achieve the following from my control point.

Artist 'The Beatles' is now ordered under 'B' but still appears as 'The Beatles'.
All Album titles are now suffixed with AudioQuality, e.g. 'A Funk Odyssey, CD', 'A Life in Film, HD'.

This software is amazing. Its a real pleasure to use and makes the whole streaming experience more enjoyable.

Thank you once again.

Anton

Thanks very much! It's great to get positive feedback like this.
01-03-2015, 18:57

Thank you once again.

Anton

I've also done the first two items, but how did you achieve the last example (i.e. appending the audio quality to the album title)?

Thanks, in advance.
01-03-2015, 19:36
(01-03-2015 18:57)krutsch Wrote:  

Thank you once again.

Anton

I've also done the first two items, but how did you achieve the last example (i.e. appending the audio quality to the album title)?

Thanks, in advance.

OK, I figured out part of the solution:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$#AudioQuality^ [^]}

...presents something like:

Album Title [CD]

Cool. I wonder if it's possible to get to something like this:

Album Title [CD, 2014]

I don't seem to be able to insert more than one variable into the suffix portion of the variable.
01-03-2015, 19:42
(01-03-2015 19:36)krutsch Wrote:  OK, I figured out part of the solution:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$#AudioQuality^ [^]}

...presents something like:

Album Title [CD]

Cool. I wonder if it's possible to get to something like this:

Album Title [CD, 2014]

I don't seem to be able to insert more than one variable into the suffix portion of the variable.

Try this:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$#AudioQuality^ [^^$Date^, ^]}
01-03-2015, 20:00
(01-03-2015 19:42)simoncn Wrote:  Try this:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$#AudioQuality^ [^^$Date^, ^]}

Nice. Perfect. Thanks!
22-04-2015, 18:41
Good thread, I will have to steal some of this "code".

Can we get more of this stuff added to the user guide as examples or added into minimwatch as a template? I think the app is AWESOME but I am personally having a challenge learning the tagging and formats the way it is presented.
22-04-2015, 18:55
(22-04-2015 18:41)steen Wrote:  Good thread, I will have to steal some of this "code".

Can we get more of this stuff added to the user guide as examples or added into minimwatch as a template? I think the app is AWESOME but I am personally having a challenge learning the tagging and formats the way it is presented.

Agreed... MinimServer is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the syntax is mysterious. The good news is that Simon is very responsive to user queries and the documentation has some good examples.

But I concur with your opinion that an updated FAQ would be most helpful.
22-04-2015, 19:18
I'm a pretty sharp cat, but for some reason the way the info is presented I am just not able to wrap my head around it. There is a LOT of power there to be tapped into but I'm having hard time processing the info.

I think an option of TEMPLATES added to minimwatch would be ideal. Basic to Insane where we could trim down parameters as needed. I already broke mine once by putting in bad tags and had to reinstall.
22-04-2015, 19:52
(22-04-2015 18:55)krutsch Wrote:  Agreed... MinimServer is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the syntax is mysterious. The good news is that Simon is very responsive to user queries and the documentation has some good examples.

But I concur with your opinion that an updated FAQ would be most helpful.

My experience with FAQs is that they answer 20, 50 or 100 questions that I don't have and they (usually) don't answer the one question that I do have.

If you post your question(s) to the forum, you are likely to get a quick and personalised response.