Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Playlists
03-04-2023, 09:36
RE: Creating Playlists
(01-04-2023 21:14)simoncn Wrote:  #PLAYLIST and #EXTALB are not part of the standard for .m3u and .m3u8 playlists and are not supported by MinimServer.

I know they are not standard, but they seem to be used

Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2023, 22:01
MinimServer aims to support widely used industry standards for UPnP music servers. From the Wikipedia article you referenced, it doesn't appear that these two extensions fall into that category.

As you have discovered, there is no need for #EXTALB because MinimServer has the ability to find album information. Regarding the need for #PLAYLIST, is there some reason you cannot set the .m3u filename to the name you wish to see while browsing?
06-04-2023, 19:45 (This post was last modified: 06-04-2023 20:20 by lyapounov.)
(03-04-2023 22:01)simoncn Wrote:  Regarding the need for #PLAYLIST, is there some reason you cannot set the .m3u filename to the name you wish to see while browsing?

Just because a filename is a filename and a title is a title ;-)

Let's assume I want a very long title. It is boring to have very long filenames.

Or if I wish to have a forbidden char in my title like : - well impossible to use it in a filename ;-)

But again, I won't fight for this ;-) Just a thoughts
03-08-2023, 15:12
(31-03-2023 17:10)simoncn Wrote:  The problem is caused by the backslashes in your playlists. This is the correct path separator on Windows. On Linux, the correct path separator is a forward slash (/) and the backslash (\) is available for use as part of a filename.

It sounds like the LMS server treats backslashes as path separators on Linux. See this post for a proposal for how this could be added to MinimServer without removing the capability to use a backslash as part of a filename.

I will look into implementing this proposed change in a future update to MinimServer. At present, I can't give a time estimate for when this will be available.

Hello Simon,

Has this issue been addressed since last exchange?

Thanks

Jack
03-08-2023, 15:39
Not yet but it is on my to-do list.