Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
listViewAlbums per index tag
31-07-2023, 18:15
listViewAlbums per index tag
Is it possible to habe the listViewAlbums controll on a singel index tag?
Meaning the behaviour of jumping to the album view immediately only for artists or composers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2023, 22:01
RE: listViewAlbums per index tag
With software, almost anything is possible. However, adding new options increases complexity and it is important to strike a balance between the importance of a new feature to the user community and the added complexity it brings.

I would welcome comments from other users about how they use the listViewAlbums option and whether they would find extending it in this way to be useful.
02-08-2023, 11:00
I could absolutely make use of this feature.

I use a tag called BoxSet to identify the name of a box-set and use the Album tag to name the individual discs so that - if I choose to - I can see all the albums in one listing e.g. I can see my 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Super Deluxe Edition)' alongside the versions I have of that album that are included in box-sets.

I also use the tag Series to group albums that belong to a series e.g. 'Now That's What I Call Music (n)' belongs to the series 'Now That's What I Call Music'. This is primarily because my partner has a penchant for cheesy pop, and this way I can reduce the clutter of the compilations.

Using the above tags in MinimServer I create the tag/index:
Code:
AlbumGroup.default={BoxSet, Series, Album}

This allows me to aggregate box-sets alongside individual releases (screenshot 1 in attachment) which compared to what I would see in the standard album view (screenshot 2 in attachment) is much more manageable, and for compilations it allows me to get at albums much quicker with less scrolling (screenshot 3 in attachment).

The problem is to ensure I see the AlbumGroup index after having selected an AlbumArtist I need to set listAlbumView very low to prevent the jump to the album listing.

I also use tagUpdate to create lists (in an index called Accolades), currently of Award winning albums (screenshot 4 in attachment), where I would like this to go straight to Album view after the index selection, but currently I need the additional step of selecting '(n) albums'.

So my ideal setup would be something like (assuming it worked the same way as alphaGroup):
Code:
all=150, AlbumArtist=1, Accoldades=all

The more explicit route to fulfill these and the OPs requirements is with the creation of defined drill hierarchies e.g. AlbumArtist -> AlbumGroup -> Album, or Accolades -> Album, but I know that kind of goes against MinimServers intelligent browsing, so this enhanced functionality would go some way to address that.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-08-2023, 17:41
I understand and I think this would be a useful enhancement for situations like yours.

The syntax can't be the same as alphaGroup because the current listViewAlbums settings of a plain number (such as 150) and 'all' need to continue to have their current meanings. I think the following should work:

150, AlbumArtist:1, Accolades:all